Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does he have a chance to take Rafa's crown if he maintains a 2-3 year period of domination, finishing 5000+ pts in th erankings with no real challengers?

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
If he somehow becomes a threat to Federer's record I can guarantee you he will be the most hated player on MTF

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
Not really. Success brings hatred, yes.

The thing is Dull is hated for much more than just success. There is no top player in history that is even close to the disgusting antics, cheating, whining, disrespect Dull has put tennis fan through.

Novak may get more haters if he starts being more successful but Dull will be forever the most hated and rightfully so. He deserves it.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
If he somehow becomes a threat to Federer's record I can guarantee you he will be the most hated player on MTF
He needs to work on catching up to Nadal first. Only a little over half way there still... needs 6 more just to catchup to Rafa...

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
This. Fed fans were somehow rationalizing the biggest humiliation in Open era among top players in US-Open 2011 semifinal by thinking that Fed would still have been demolished by Nadal in the final, so it was positive to lose to Novak who prevented Rafa from another GS:haha: It's all about legacy and tennis records at the end of the day.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

The thing is Dull is hated for much more than just success. There is no top player in history that is even close to the disgusting antics, cheating, whining, disrespect Dull has put tennis fan through.

Novak may get more haters if he starts being more successful but Dull will be forever the most hated and rightfully so. He deserves it.
:lol:

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
He needs to work on catching up to Nadal first. Only a little over half way there still... needs 6 more just to catchup to Rafa...
Yeah, that's why I said "somehow". It's very unlikely to happen but if it will, I'll stay with my opinion

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

clownk may get more haters if he starts being more successful but Dull will be forever the most hated and rightfully so. He deserves it.
Speak for yourself clown.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Nah. He'll toss Federer some scraps on fastish HC/MM tournaments occasionally, which will calm the hate around these parts.

Can't wait until he beats Federer in a big match again though, will be funny to see how the faction of Fedtard gloryhunters that are currently rimming Djokovic react :lol:.

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Only if he ever threatens Federer's Slam record, in which case it's NID of course.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I'm pretty neutral on Djokovic. I can't stand Nadal, so I personally don't think so.
Why only neutral? :rolleyes: Shouldn't Fedtards love to kiss Nole's arse :lol: because if it wasn't for Nole, the old man's slam record would have been done and dusted already? :rolleyes:

I can understand, Nole is kicking old man's arse too, in the process. You can't have your cake and eat it too, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
I've always been neutral regarding Djokovic. Don't enjoy his tennis, I think it's boring but that's ok.
But some Djokovic fans in this forum are making me hate him. YodaSmokesCrack, his dog chico, to name a few. bunch of clowns if you ask me. Federer fans now using djokovic avatars aren't helping it either.
I know it shouldn't be this way but it is and I can't help it...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic is already the most hated player here. Fedal fangilrs can't forget him his success and taking their idols' place at the very top.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
That would happen in an instant if Novak started to approach Federer's slam count, which would require a superhuman effort on his part. The field is pretty mild right now but remember that it could change on a dime if someone goes on a run or Djokovic's form starts to dip.

I think also if he wins RG, we'll start to see some discomfort from other fanbases and serious panic if he wins Wimbledon also. A CYGS is an extremely rare feat in tennis, something neither Fed and Nadal have, so that + his career slam + 11 slams total would certainly give him a legitimate case for GOAT status, especially if he continues to dominate the masters circuit, wins WTF again, surpasses 200 weeks at the top, and turns the H2H with Rafa into his favor. Even then I'd personally still favor Federer's resume, but it would certainly prompt some attention-seeking commentators to proclaim him the GOAT or at least better than Rafa, which would spark outrage from other fanbases.

Reactions: Mr.Black
1 - 20 of 162 Posts