Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Big 3 use influence , money etc to get vaccine early?

• Only Federer will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Nadal will

• Only Djokovic will

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Only Federer and Nadal will

• Only Djokovic and Federer will

• Only Djokovic and Nadal will

• All three of them will. You'd be a fool to think otherwise

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • None of them will get, due to restrictions/ regulations

• Other

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether you are Covid denier, Covid believer, anti vaccine , pro vaccine.

It looks like for tennis the vaccine will be the ticket to playing a full calendar with less restrictions. If it is supposedly as effective as listed, then it could give good immunity and make you immune to tests , restrictions, hitting sessions, grouping , traveling and all the other problems currently.

While it doesn't mean a VIP pass, it logically would help the top tennis guys.

In a perfect world the vaccine would go to those in dire need first and trickle down from there. But I think we can guess that money may be able to help certain people to get the vaccine first. Including the best and most influential athletes.

Maybe this won't be the case and everything will be well protected, but we know how things can go....Tennis wise , the Big 3 have more money than they know to do with. Also each of the guys is always looking for an advantage or edge. Which in 2021 , the vaccine would be one.

Do you think Federer, Djokovic , or Nadal will use their influence, money etc. To get vaccine early?

I'll leave poll. For reference this is not a COVID 19 discussion , fake or real. Just about a potential vaccine which could give tennis players a leg up in preparing, training, traveling, etc.

Mods can move this to the ruins if things get out of hand.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts

It looks like for tennis the vaccine will be the ticket to playing a full calendar with less restrictions. If it is supposedly as effective as listed, then it could give good immunity and make you immune to tests , restrictions, hitting sessions, grouping , traveling and all the other problems currently.

In a perfect world the vaccine would go to those in dire need first and trickle down from there. But I think we can guess that money may be able to help certain people to get the vaccine first. Including the best and most influential athletes.

Maybe this won't be the case and everything will be well protected, but we know how things can go....Tennis wise , the Big 3 have more money than they know to do with. Also each of the guys is always looking for an advantage or edge. Which in 2021 , the vaccine would be one.

Do you think Federer, Djokovic , or Nadal will use their influence, money etc. To get vaccine early?

I'll leave poll. For reference this is not a COVID 19 discussion , fake or real. Just about a potential vaccine which could give tennis players a leg up in preparing, training, traveling, etc.

Dear Kowchii,

Why did you exclude Sir Andy (Big 4), Champion of Scotland?

Remember another thing, it may not be that the players will use their influence to get the vaccine, but world leaders who want to use the player's celebrity influence to show and encourage others to take the vaccine. :)(y)👊

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well obviously the ATP will select and require an approved vaccine for all players in order to play. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
12,266 Posts

#TakeTheJab

Roger: All agreed?

Roger: Yes? Then you can fly with me first class to Australia on FedererExpress... don't worry, Mr. Tiley will foot the bill.

Andy: What about Novak?

RAFA: Don't worry, he has his own means of transportation + quarantine. I'm sure he'll get there, eventually, no? ;)

#TakeTheJab

Convincingly,
masterclass

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Novak will pray on Pyramid....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Tell me one single reason why Djokovic should take it given the fact that he caught covid not too long ago.

·
Premium Member
11,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell me one single reason why Djokovic should take it given the fact that he caught covid not too long ago.
I don't have a reason he should take it. Whether he can be reinfected is a question up to science....

The thing is socially , scientifically , medically , etc. the vaccine might be a full access thing to "live your life". May get some card or vaccine passport that will allow him to train , travel , move around without quarantine or restrictions.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't have a reason he should take it. Whether he can be reinfected is a question up to science....

The thing is socially , scientifically , medically , etc. the vaccine might be a full access thing to "live your life". May get some card or vaccine passport that will allow him to train , travel , move around without quarantine or restrictions.
How exactly would the vaccine change any of that.
The other part, well, I hope not.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

I bolded "If it is supposedly as effective as listed, then it could give good immunity and make you immune to tests , restrictions, hitting sessions, grouping , traveling and all the other problems currently."

The vaccines have only been tested for their effectiveness for stopping you getting sick when you get infected. They do not yet make any claims about people not getting infected or being infectious. These vaccines protect the people who receive the jab, but not those around them.
see Vaccines cant help Australian Open, when will they be able to help? | Mens Tennis Forums
for more discussion on this point.

So they could get a jab for their own protection, but at this time that will not make you immune to tests and restrictions. It is expected that we should have vaccines proven to achieve that in perhaps six months... but not yet.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Well, they obviously will. Not only them but basically every big-name / celebrity around. They got benefits when it came to testing, they definitely will for the vaccine. Just how the world works.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
What is the use of all your money when you cannot use it for your health and for the health and safety of your family members? I am sure they all will keep an eye on when they and their family members can have the vaccine at the earliest possible time and will not mind spending additional money to get themselves vaccinated ahead of the others or general public in the society.

Get the vaccine first and get that thing out of the way. One less headache in these uncertain times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts