• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will mannarin0 ever win a title?

I think it would be a quite shame for a such talented player to end up empty handed...

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Re: will mannarin0 ever win a title?

GOAT username and goat name to content ratio

·
Registered
8,626 Posts

His best chance was in Antalya facing Dzumhur, IMO. Last year it was Sugita - so be it. He's an okay grass player, actually, even though not a strong server. But this year he was the clear favorite, coming in full of confidence after beating Monfils, and ended up with that perplexing WTA scoreline.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts

Mannarino is the our new Benneteau, don't jinx him !

I'm so proud of our french players

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Hopefully he gets one somewhere along the line, but if he does I reckon it'll have to be in the next year or so. He'll be 31 next year after all.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts

Never liked him but it's silly to create such username. I think he'll get one eventually, maybe in Antalya.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
As we know, Adrian is 0-6 in finals. Looking at the list of finals losses and the respective head to head against his opponents, we have:

Auckland Open (250) Jiří Veselý 3–6, 2–6 (Mannarino leads H2H 2-1)
Colombia Open (250) Bernard Tomic 1–6, 6–3, 2–6 (Tomic leads H2H 3-0)

Antalya Open (250) Yūichi Sugita 1–6, 6–7(4–7) (Manarino leads H2H 2-1)
Japan Open (500) David Goffin 3–6, 5–7 (Goffin leads H2H 4-0)

Antalya Open (250) Damir Džumhur 1–6, 6–1, 1–6 (Mannarino leads H2H 2-1, 1 was a challenger)
Kremlin Cup (250) , Karen Khachanov 2–6, 2–6 (KK leads H2H 3-1)

Tomic has his number and Goffin and Khachanov are clearly superior, but one would hope that he would have been able to convert one of the other three opportunities. I assume he'll get another chance, the question is, can he finally get it done?

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I think he still has chances and that will probably translate to another couple of finals, but the doubt I have in his ability to grab the first title comes from my view that he has probably now passed his peak. That doesn't mean he can't make mental/tactical improvements though.

He had back to back Antalya finals... He would probably have won a title if there was more grass events all through his career in my opinion. Good grass court player.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I would be absolutley amazed if he did. I cant understand the height of his ranking. Some achievment to reach the finals he did. I say fair play though.

·
justice for all
13,107 Posts
He is 30. Time is running away for him. I don't think he'll win a title. Unless he gets lucky in one of the smallest grass event (e.g. Newport).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts