Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do You Play Better After Watching Pro Tennis?

• Yes

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually do. It's inspirational stuff. I always watch the highlights of the Gulbis-Robredo match right before I play a match. It didn't work this weekend, but in general it (or any other match, whether it's live or on TV or computer) almost always does.

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Yes it always helps me too. I improved my concentration after watching the top players practising live. how they look at the ball before it's hit is really impressive.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it always helps me too. I improved my concentration after watching the top players practising live. how they look at the ball before it's hit is really impressive.
but not on TV? So, for example, you wouldn't be inclined to pop in a DVD of an epic match just before hitting the court?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Watching heaps of pro tennis helped me improve my serve enourmously actually. Not my spelling though.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Yes, normally. But when Sampras was playing, I unconsciously started to mimic his forehand a little, even though forehand is nothing like his, and it caused some hitches in my swing. But I definitely think my court positioning, footwork, and maybe strategy has benefited from watching pro tennis.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I usually do. It's inspirational stuff. I always watch the highlights of the Gulbis-Robredo match right before I play a match. It didn't work this weekend, but in general it (or any other match, whether it's live or on TV or computer) almost always does.
I have those highlights saved to bookmarks. Awesome stuff:worship:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts