Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you like this new Forum?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No worship guy, no reputation, this forum is now already boring as fuck. All what was important for mtf is not here anymore, it is one of many forums

What do you think?

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
It is like seeing a bright, white light before everything goes dark forever. I need sunglasses to use it.

if it wasn’t broke, why fix it?

·
The special one
14,287 Posts
The new forum's a big fat steaming pile of shit. The thing that hurts me the most is that i will never see another good rep again from the MTF queen Mimi. :cry:

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,288 Posts
Still getting used to the new layout. Gotta check the Settings more carefully as well, having to hit "Show Full Signature" all the time is annoying.

It is like seeing a bright, white light before everything goes dark forever. I need sunglasses to use it.

if it wasn’t broke, why fix it?
Change to Dark Mode, it's on that 3 dots menu.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
I absolutely loved it. It looks a lot like the football forum I am on. Very fast and practical. Idiotic functions like rep etc gone. Dark mode is arrived (which I always apprecite) and It WORKS on mobile browsers without the need of apps like tapatalk etc. (Old MTF was pain in the ass when I was trying to browse on phone) Kudos to VS is all I can say. They have to fix the bugs though.

7/10 from me

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Background is too bright & miss the old emojis esp. the animated ones. Wth's the deal w/ all the nature/food/travel emohis? Also very concerned about SwissTennisGod dousing acid onto his eyes from his reaction to new MTF.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
The other great thing is this site automatically put the flag processing the IP person connects to the server, not the prefered flag. this way we understood who is actually from where. For example right winger like Phillo being from India surprised me a bit, his flag was hidden in the old version. Good job VS ??

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
"Visual appeal"

Appearances create impressions. This new forum lacks "visual appeal" on PCs. Apparently, this new forum is optimized for mobile phone browsing. Mobile browsers/users are the target/priority of this new forum. PC browsers/users, who I think are the majority, have been put on the back burner.

On the old MTF forums, I used to get excited whenever I visited, say, "General Messages" and that forum had that visual appeal and quality look about it.

This new forum does not excite me at all.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
"Visual appeal"

Appearances create impressions. This new forum lacks "visual appeal" on PCs. Apparently, this new forum is optimized for mobile phone browsing. Mobile browsers/users are the target/priority of this new forum. PC browsers/users, who I think are the majority, have been put on the back burner.

On the old MTF forums, I used to get excited whenever I visited, say, "General Messages" and that forum had that visual appeal and quality look about it.

This new forum does not excite me at all.

Actually, I am rarely browsing mobile, say %80 of the time I am on PC to post anything, rest %20 using mobile browser. I welcome the mobile improvement, but I also don't hate PC appearance in this version, it is way way faster. Old MTF was like, I click on a thread and while waiting to get it opened I was going kitchen to have a tea, not kidding. It was as slow as a turtle.

What is your biggest complain with this one, if I may?

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Actually, I am rarely browsing mobile, say %80 of the time I am on PC to post anything, rest %20 using mobile browser. I welcome the mobile improvement, but I also don't hate PC appearance in this version, it is way way faster. Old MTF was like, I click on a thread and while waiting to get it opened I was going kitchen to have a tea, not kidding. It was as slow as a turtle.

I think the internet service in your country is very slow, hence, you were having that slow browsing experience on the old MTF.

When I signed up for MTF back in 2013, I think, my internet browsing speed was 3 mbps, then my ISP increased the speed to 6 mbps, then again to 18 mbps, now currently to 100 mbps for the same price, with an advancement in technology. The speed at which a thread page uploads when it was 3 mbps and right now @ 100 mbps, is only a slight difference. I never felt MTF was slower @ 3 mbps speed in the past.

I click on a thread and while waiting to get it opened I was going kitchen to have a tea, not kidding. It was as slow as a turtle.
When I used to browse internet on a telephone line back in early 2000s, I had a similar experience. I have moved on to DSL, Cable, now on Fiber Optic internet, ever since.

The design of this forum and colors are much less enjoyable to my eyes and to read. The look and feel. This MTF does not excite me any more, for now. Maybe, I will get used to it, in the future. We will see.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
I think the internet service in your country is very slow, hence, you were having that slow browsing experience on the old MTF.
Doubt it, how could this new site or the other sites I access are so fast and the old mtf was slow then? and I was browsing from various countries too when I was traveling, and it was still as slow the old version. Hence, this is a big recovery on speed I would say.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Aha, just saw you edited your post

The design of this forum and colors are much less enjoyable to my eyes and to read. The look and feel. This MTF does not excite me any more, for now. Maybe, I will get used to it, in the future. We will see.
Hmm, different perspectives of course. Hopefully you can get used to mate, good luck :)

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Doubt it, how could this new site or the other sites I access are so fast and the old mtf was slow then? and I was browsing from Italy too, and it was still as slow. This is a big recovery on speed I would say.
This new forum is, for sure, faster. I don't deny that.

On PC, the browsing speed improvement is negligible, at least for me. I have tennisforum.com (a forum similar to the old MTF since they have not upgraded that forum yet) opened in the next browser/window, and I don't see a huge difference in the page loading speeds of tennisforum.com and the new MTF; that's my experience for the internet service that I have.

On mobile phones, there is a huge improvement in speed and also the browsing experience. Mobile browsing experience on the old MTF sucked; hence, I rarely browsed the old MTF on my mobile. I am still not a big mobile phone browser of MTF, even with this new MTF.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Talking about browsing speeds, mobile phone browsing is always slower than PC browsing, before and now.

Why would anyone prefer to browse MTF on mobile phone is beyond me, unless he/she is bored waiting for a doctor's appointment or waiting at a bus stop or having a hard time unloading his/her load in the restroom?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts