Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 12 17.1%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And getting caught in the rain? Seriously though, some people seem to think their best matches (us open 2011, AO 2012) are as good as tennis gets but then other people bemoan the lack of variety in their matches and complain about the number of baseline rallies. Thoughts? :cool:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Yes, if Chokovic doesn't show up. I like piggy roasts.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Massive bore fests

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I have mixed feelings about it.

Nole and Fed always deliver. I absolutely love their match up.

I feel sometimes when I watch Nole and Rafa like 'shit, these two can run and run and push one another to no end' ... it's fun for some tennis fans but IMO it can get kinda boring ...

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
For their drama value: absolutely
For their tennis level: no, thanks, better watch Murray-Berdych, if you get what I mean

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Yes, but prefer Fedovic. Anyway:

Fedovic > Djokodal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fedal.

·
Premium Member
7,211 Posts
USO 2011 had insane rallies, I find their matches entertaining, but not as entertaining as Murray vs Nadal.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
yes. incredible rallies. Even the one-sided finals have gd rallies (11 wimbledon, 11uso)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes, I enjoy them for their intensity, drama and great rallies sometimes. However I still prefer Djokovic - Federer matches.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Depends on the result ;)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yes. Djokovic-Federer matches are the most entertaining but there's something about Djokodal matches that just pulls me in. They're a test of both physical and mental strength, along with some truly amazing, sometimes inhuman, rallies.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
There are only a few whole matche between these two which I like. Mostly they are too difficult for the eye like they are fighting, not playing game. But in every their match you can find brutal rallies which it`s impossible not to appreciate. For example I will never re-watch the whole AO-12 final or RG-13 semi, but I remember some parts very well where tennis was on the another level.

Hamburg-08 might be my favourite match between Nole and Rafa. Underrated on this board it seems being in the shadow of GS meetings and Madrid-09 which was great as well.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Chemical warfare is never fun to watch.

Reactions: underspin

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Except AO-12 most of their matches are quite watchable.
Interesting thing: On Nadull's background every player seems as a god of attacking tennis and most players play against Dull more agressively than usual.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Except AO-12 most of their matches are quite watchable.
Interesting thing: On Nadull's background every player seems as a god of attacking tennis and most players play against Dull more agressively than usual.
Well yeah, Novak controls the outcome. He is the one being aggressive and hitting winners. In the matches he has lost to Nadal, he usually still has way more winners but also has lots of UE. If he is firing on all cylinders not anything Nadal can do about it.

I can't think of a matchup for Nadal in which he is the aggressor.

Reactions: blackwell
1 - 20 of 47 Posts