Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 21.4%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all this is nothing against Ivo, i like him, and he got the record for sure. No doubt about that. But how do you feel about that serve? i am sure most guys saw that on youtube or everywhere else and i think it is really weird that his fastest serve ever came in DC doubles - first of all there were some talks about DC speed guns - maybe they work differently, than maybe they used different balls and secondly you gonna hit your fastest serve in doubles? where you can hit - only little chance but still can hit your own teammate? There was serve contest between Ivo and Milos in San Jose and Ivo didn´t even came close in speed numbers to Milos, maybe he wasn´t even trying, but generally when you look on last slams - speed of serves Ivo is up there all the time among top 5, but his fastest serve are not even faster than Isner´s , Raonic´s, Ljubicic´s - look on RG, USO, WIM, AO pages statistics - he definetaly is not serving as hard as few years ago. So how do you feel about that serve? are you 100% sure it was fastest ever? because that speed gun machine showed 251?

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
First of all this is nothing against Ivo, i like him, and he got the record for sure. No doubt about that. But how do you feel about that serve? i am sure most guys saw that on youtube or everywhere else and i think it is really weird that his fastest serve ever came in DC doubles - first of all there were some talks about DC speed guns - maybe they work differently, than maybe they used different balls and secondly you gonna hit your fastest serve in doubles? where you can hit - only little chance but still can hit your own teammate? There was serve contest between Ivo and Milos in San Jose and Ivo didn´t even came close in speed numbers to Milos, maybe he wasn´t even trying, but generally when you look on last slams - speed of serves Ivo is up there all the time among top 5, but his fastest serve are not even faster than Isner´s , Raonic´s, Ljubicic´s - look on RG, USO, WIM, AO pages statistics - he definetaly is not serving as hard as few years ago. So how do you feel about that serve? are you 100% sure it was fastest ever? because that speed gun machine showed 251?
He has served 153mph before, so I'm sure. He has always been capable of that speed.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
No, that serve in question wasn't this speed, he hasn't serve really fast since his comeback in january but for sure in the past he could really hit the crap out of it so all in all it's deserved i think.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, that serve in question wasn't this speed, he hasn't serve really fast since his comeback in january but for sure in the past he could really hit the crap out of it so all in all it's deserved i think.
Agree, he was hitting much faster serves few years ago regularly, this season his fastest recorded is maybe 230km/h maybe little bit more than that at slams, Masters so it really looks weird 20km faster to hit in doubles that is your season maximum.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Roddick hit a 155mph serve and his average at the time on his flat serve was around 140mph or a little less. It's stupid to say that Ivo's serve wasn't legitimate simply because he didn't regularly serve around 150mph. No one has ever regularly served at that speed, so it most certainly is not unusual to serve 20kmh faster than the norm when breaking a world record. That is precisely what Roddick did.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's fake for sure... :rolleyes:

No doubt about it.

All of the big servers would break record on this 'croatian speedguns'

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Roddick's serve probably wasn't legitimate either so I'm fine with it. Ivo deserved this record.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Why are we discussing this now?
Yeah, it's legit. Haters gonna hate as always.
But it isn't the time to disuss it, you're late.

Damn! This rain makes the people talk bullcrap.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Bubka hit a 157 MPH serve out in USO qualifying. I also read he hit a 156 MPH serve out in a challenger.

This is one of life's questions that will never be answered.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Didn't Karlovic serve a 255km/h before? i thought that was the record over Duck's 253

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I do think Ivo's serve may have slowed down a bit, he's bulked up so much with all the lifting he may bit too big now for maximum serving efficiency. You definitely need to be lean and loose with whiplike action for best speed and Ivo's got some Nadal sized arms now. Come to think of that, could be the same reason Nadal doesn't crank it up quite as much as Fed and some of ther others.

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
Anyone else call BS on the Bubka story during qualies? Cahill would not stop talking about it but Bubka is rarely over 130mhp then he hits a 157 out of nowhere

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Anyone else call BS on the Bubka story during qualies? Cahill would not stop talking about it but Bubka is rarely over 130mhp then he hits a 157 out of nowhere
He hit a 141 mph out wide against Tsonga, Tsonga serve looked slow next to him. Bubka really has a fast serve.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't think Roddick's 155mph and Ivo's 156mph serves are genuin either. I think the fastest serve recorded was Roddick's 152mph serve at US Open. Obviously both have hit 153mph serves at Queens and Nottingham but those speed guns are a tad fast for my liking.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I don't think Roddick's 155mph and Ivo's 156mph serves are genuin either. I think the fastest serve recorded was Roddick's 152mph serve at US Open. Obviously both have hit 153mph serves at Queens and Nottingham but those speed guns are a tad fast for my liking.
Roddick hit twice 152 mph at this usopen (2004) against Jenkins and Nadal both on ad court.

I don't like Davis Cup speed guns, best are at slams imo, they are tough maybe but accurate.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Why is it a factor that it happened in DC doubles? You mean players don't crank up their first serve just because it's doubles?

Karlovic definitely served at full power. In Cincy Berdych got injured serving in doubles. They definitely go full power also in doubles.

·
Registered
22,646 Posts
Roddick and Dr. Ivo using juiced up DC radar guns

My serve, now that's legit:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts