Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you feel like the season is already over?

• Yes, The story is already written

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Don't know yet. Looking forward for USO-series and Indoor

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • No, Most exciting part of the season starts.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Don't know what you mean dude

Votes: 12 18.8%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for me it feels like the season is over.
AO is my favourite Slam and the European summer with clay and grass the most exciting part of the seaon is over.
Novak is dominating, Nadal is done and Fed is still good, but not able to win a slam.
I don't see a lot of excitement for the rest of the season. Novak will dominate, though that doesn't mean he will win USO. But I don't think it makes much of a difference if he wins it or not. USO the last years was pretty dull and didn't make it for me. I didn't even watch Cilic - Nishikori.

The only thing which would save the rest of the season would be someone like Tsonga or Fed winning the USO. But it won'T happen. So I'm already looking forward for 2016

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
USO-series is excellent part of season but for sure you don't expect it with entourage as last years, because right now tennis isn't rich in competition and great matches.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Last year the USO had more exciting matches and upsets than this year's AO and Wimby combined.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Not for me, Project 18 is in full progress.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
The most exciting part of the season is over, but I'm looking forward for USO Series and WTF.

Reactions: TheEndIsNear

·
Premium Member
21,530 Posts
Not yet, two masters + USO should be fine, however indoors season will probably be even less exciting than usual; at least last few years there was some YE #1 drama.

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
Mixed feeling. Event is over, yes. But going back to America, that's nice. Somehow feel like going back home...
Start of the second half of the year.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Djokovic almost clinches YE1 = season over for "tennis" fans. ;)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Main stories are probably set in stone, barring major upsets. Minor details will be added to the overall-picture.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
It depends who you support. As a thiem fan it's only just beginning with a lot of points up for grabs in the next few weeks. Then every match with Gulbis is a battle but i guess if you're only fans of the elite maybe...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
No I don't. This is a glorious season so far, and I expect it to only get better as it continues in the same manner.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The most exciting part for me (clay+grass swing) is over, but there is still lots of good tennis to be enjoyed!

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Thomas is just approaching 35% capacity and the season is already over?

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
:haha: "My favorite is not going to get #1, so the tennis season is over." This is just as good as the 'is tennis boring now?' thread during Fed's 2013 decline.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
While I enjoy all 4 tournaments, I tend to prefer U.S. Open a bit more than the rest. I find it a bit more unpredictable. Something is always bound to happen. Upsets and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
While I enjoy all 4 tournaments, I tend to prefer U.S. Open a bit more than the rest. I find it a bit more unpredictable. Something is always bound to happen. Upsets and whatnot.
There's also this charm of night matches what makes it stand out:worship:

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Don't really see the sense in this. So we should be looking forward to the Aus Open where Djokovic is an even bigger favourite than he is at the US Open?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts