Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So summer is here.. awesome season. Good weather, clear sky, you can see stars when is night, girls are basically naked.

Though there are a few challenges, like really hot temperature, you sweat in the summer doing nothing just like you sweat when working out in the winter. Sweat, sweat, there is sweat everywhere. Also, spiders, cockroaches and insects are having super fun coming into your house..

Overall, it's pretty great. :cool:

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Yes, only a three mile walk to the beach through the countryside where I live. It's perfect at this time of the year (except for the usual British summer rain).

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
So summer is here.. awesome season. Good weather, clear sky, you can see stars when is night, girls are basically naked.

Though there are a few challenges, like really hot temperature, you sweat in the summer doing nothing just like you sweat when working out in the winter. Sweat, sweat, there is sweat everywhere. Also, spiders, cockroaches and insects are having super fun coming into your house..

Overall, it's pretty great. :cool:
Here in Australia it's winter at the moment, and in Canberra (where I am) it gets quite cold.
It's an interesting question though, and on balance, I'm going to agree with you.
I enjoy summer.

I've never liked the heat much, but I'm willing to overlook that for all the positives you mention, and also because that's when the Australian tennis is on.
There's nothing like a summer evening (or late spring).

Good thread, OP.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Summer is by far my favorite season. It's the season of great vibes....everyone seems to be in a great, cheerful mood and I spend most of it at the beach surrounded by half naked chicks. I always make sure to save up my vacation hours for the Summer. My biggest motivation for working out is having a good body for the Summer as shallow as that may seem.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Summer is by far my favorite season. It's the season of great vibes....everyone seems to be in a great, cheerful mood and I spend most of it at the beach surrounded by half naked chicks. I always make sure to save up my vacation hours for the Summer. My biggest motivation for working out is having a good body for the Summer as shallow as that may seem.
A wonder you should use "Californication" for your avi ;)

·
6,479 Posts
Love summer, but can get a bit too hot where I live , mid-30's (95F) for days on end.(just west of Newcastle).
At least can get to the beach easily, nothing like the carnival atmosphere and the odd ice-cream cone from a Mr Whippy van, then come home and watch the cricket on the tele.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
;)

Lol, Hank Moody will forever be one of my favorite fictional characters. Our personalities are a lot alike aside my love of tennis and his dislike of sports, but I'd be lying if I said I was anywhere close to him in the charisma department.
umm...sunny California...esp as sexily as it is depicted in the show :drool:

Since you are much like Moody, I have to ask - do you have your pants down all the time as well :tape:

:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
umm...sunny California...esp as sexily as it is depicted in the show :drool:

Since you are much like Moody, I have to ask - do you have your pants down all the time as well :tape:

:lol:
Most of my family is from Anaheim, but I live on the East Coast. I want to move out West in the near future if an opportunity opens at my job, but the price of living is scary. I do not have my pants down, but am a big fan of jeans and black Ts haha.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Even though people are generally happy and more colorful in summer, i'm struggling in the heat and i'm not as effective at work and everything i do so i tend to be lazy.

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts
Love love love the summer :D

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
Spring > Summer = Winter > Autumn

Spring is great because it's all very beautiful and the air is not heavy, the nature is born again. Summer is amazing for all the events and things that we can do, with the holidays and stuff happening, but here, when it gets hot, it's awful. The humidity is relatively high, so when it's 30°C, it becomes a nightmare to breathe, to not sweat and not feel sticky, and the nights are terrible (last night was a real nightmare, by the way, I couldn't sleep properly, while I do sleep soundly usually). Winter feels great and the scenery is breathtaking when there is snow or when it's so cold and everything is frozen along the lake, but here, in Geneva, it's all dead - barely any event is held or what, it's a real bore. People are marmots, and the Swiss myths are not myths anymore. Autumn is just here for good measure, even though I can appreciate some of the sceneries of nature dying.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^ Yeah sleeping at night is pretty...hot.. last two night even with the cooler at full force I was full of sweat everywhere.
Also agree with the one that said working is uncomfortable, especially for people that doesn't work in a cool office.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Summer = I can play more tennis. That just translates to YES!

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
No, maybe because I'm experiencing it every single day that it gets boring :lol:

Plus it's too hot in Singapore. hard to tolerate it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts