Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
There's something right about the thread title.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
I can't say because I've never seen any player choke against Nadal. Everyone seems to play a match of their life vs him, even the low ranked players :sad:

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
A win is a win, and when you play enough matches on tour, you'll win and lose in every possible way.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well, since everything on MTF is a chokejob, I would have to say yes. I've said this before - if you blow a lead, no matter what the circumstance or how it played out, it's a choke job according to MTF. I've never heard someone on here talk about a "valiant comeback" or a "gutsy win from a losing position", even though those are actually more common than chokes.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
I definitely enjoy seeing my favourite come from behind to win either a set or the match. If the opponent is clearly giving it away I enjoy it less. If the opponent is playing lights out my fave still wins I obviously enjoy it more.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well, since everything on MTF is a chokejob, I would have to say yes. I've said this before - if you blow a lead, no matter what the circumstance or how it played out, it's a choke job according to MTF. I've never heard someone on here talk about a "valiant comeback" or a "gutsy win from a losing position", even though those are actually more common than chokes.
Basically this. Yesterday, during the 2nd set of Federer-Murray, Federer played two abysmal service games and got broken both times. Of the three times Federer broke back, he played superb the first time, capitalized on a Murray choke the 2nd time, and again played superb the third time. If anything, it was Federer who tried to choke the 2nd set. A supposedly 'choke free' 2nd set would have let to Federer winning it 6-2.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Nadal forum.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Yes. Feeling of relief, but still happy they get the points money, and chance at going further. Montanes gets a fair few, being quite clutch himself. Haas and Ferrer on the other hand :help: are usually on the other side but still nice when they do get one.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Dunno, can't say, never seen him getting a... Oh right.

The Fed Murray match isn't the best example since Fed won in straights anyway, chokejob or not. But a wins a win, gotta look forward to the next match.

Obviously Cilic's fan would've been disappointed by the way Nalby imploded to give him Queens.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts