Mens Tennis Forums banner

Default Do you consider Djokovic/Nadal the GOAT rivalry?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Watching this video gives me goosebumps. Tennis will never see a rivalry like this again imo. I will terribly miss it when they retire.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Djokovic/federer have better matches and higher quality

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Fedal's peak is higher - Miami 05, Rome 06, Wimbledon 08, AO 09 - for the "intangible" reasons it'll always be THE rivalry of this era.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
This.

Nadal only beat Djoker 1.0, who was a complete choker and had many health issues. When Novak reached his peak he destroyed Nadal wasn't a rivalry but a destruction. The only wins Nadal has had since were when Novak played terribly or choked like a mad man, and even then he barely wins (FO semi last year).

Fed vs Djoker is amazing tennis :worship: credit to Novak for making matches with Dull interesting though:)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Not yet, but it's going just in that direction.

A few years from now an this Rafaole will be the GOAT rivalry without a shadow of doubt.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

Watching this video gives me goosebumps. Tennis will never see a rivalry like this again imo. I will terribly miss it when they retire.
Did Novak really said that 'Rafa you're the best player ever' at the end of the video? :eek:

I think it was at Indian Wells.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Their matches almost always ends by Djokovic's shot: winner or error. Says it all about this rivalry :rolls:
Exactly, it is all on his racket. The stats speak for themselves.

Z

·
0 Posts
It feels like the Nadal-Djokovic rivalry is two different h2hs combined because Djokovic hit his prime so much later. Nadal padded the h2h early with tons of easy wins and Djokovic has been playing catch up ever since.

Maybe if we only considered 2010 USO to present it would be the best.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Second best rivalry on tour after Berdych/Anderson that's for sure...

This is such an overrated match-up around these parts. Federer brings out the worst in Djokovic's game. The quality is vastly inferior to Djokodal matches.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
This.

Nadal only beat Djoker 1.0, who was a complete choker and had many health issues. When Novak reached his peak he destroyed Nadal wasn't a rivalry but a destruction. The only wins Nadal has had since were when Novak played terribly or choked like a mad man, and even then he barely wins (FO semi last year).

Fed vs Djoker is amazing tennis :worship: credit to Novak for making matches with Dull interesting though:)
SOrry but chokes dont exist outside of MTF. And Rafa is still 22-19 and 9-3 on slams, including their last 3 slam meetings that rafa won..

SO Im sorry no, Rafa has no rivalry, specially on slams, since he destroyed the serb 8-3 and 9-2 Roger (who hasnt beaten him since wimbledon 2007)

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Not yet, but it's going just in that direction.

A few years from now an this Rafaole will be the GOAT rivalry without a shadow of doubt.
More matches dont mean goat rivalry. If anything made rafa vs fed more interesting is that the matches used to be competitive (early days) considering the big difference of playing styles. I think an hypotetic rafa vs sampras matchup would be the biggest ever, the kind of defense and counterpunch vs the king of attack and serve & volley.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
It feels like the Nadal-Djokovic rivalry is two different h2hs combined because Djokovic hit his prime so much later. Nadal padded the h2h early with tons of easy wins and Djokovic has been playing catch up ever since.

Maybe if we only considered 2010 USO to present it would be the best.
Indeed. Nadal is very lucky in that respect, two of his wins in slams were due to Djoko retiring mid match :wavey:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
This is the best video I ever see about their rivalry. And answer to your question, YES. Both bring each other to their limit like it was never done before. These 2 heros raises tennis to the next level and tennis will badly missed them when they both retire. I don't think I can ever watch tennis the same way, to be honest after their retirement.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I don't really like any of their matches, regardless of who wins. They have great battles yes, but I don't find myself going back to watch them again.

Nadal-Federer and Nadal-Murray are better to watch.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Indeed. Nadal is very lucky in that respect, two of his wins in slams were due to Djoko retiring mid match :wavey:
Being not physically strong is also part of tennis, no? so stop complaining like a little girl.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts