Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I Dont know, but if there is such thing then you make your own

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,257 Posts
Well, I think there are things we don't have any kind of control over which have a direct impact on our lives. So in a sense, maybe that does fit the usual description of luck.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Of course it exists, you can separate pretty much everything into a deterministic part (things you know what the outcome will be based on initial conditions) and a stochastic part (random luck).

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
" Once you know that there are no purposes, you also know that there is no accident, for it is only beside a world of purposes that the word 'accident' has meaning "

well I think it depends on how you view the world around you .

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
How else would dull win anything, specially non-clay titles? WHOOOPS!

Anyway, You may have heard of Anushka Sharma, the Indian actress? She was in my school and I used to play tennis with her brother Karnesh Sharma. In school she was a nobody. Just an average face with a fair complexion, skinny girl, very jumpy and mostly annoying(specially when they're not pretty).
There were a couple of girls who the entire school was after and they ended up nowhere(btw they were true beauties, it wasn't surprising at all).

Then the next thing you know, Sharma's first film is with Shahrukh Khan. :lol: BTW she had ZERO acting experience prior AND she wasn't drop dead gorgeous like Aishwarya Rai or a Lara Dutta or even a famous model or won any competition. Plus she had zero connections in the film industry(her father is a regular army officer and her mother is your average houswife. I've met them, gone to their house but I'm sure now they won't recognise me :lol:).
Can you imagine the odds of that? And it's not like that was her last film. Oh no, her success skyrocketed after a couple more hit films with her usual jack in the box acting and now she's married to Virat Kohli and they're set for life and her next 5 -10 generations.

There are way more gorgeous actresses, geniunely good looking women who will never get a shot in a decent film let alone with a superstar like SRK. So yeah please explain to me how luck doesn't exist. :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,016 Posts
Then the next thing you know, Sharma's first film is with Shahrukh Khan. :lol: BTW she had ZERO acting experience prior AND she wasn't drop dead gorgeous like Aishwarya Rai or a Lara Dutta or even a famous model or won any competition.
Well, according to her Wikipedia entry, she was a successful model and she attended an acting school as well and auditioned for the role, so it's not exactly out of nowhere. :)

·
Banned
349 Posts
Of course I do. When I look at some people who achieved what I wasn't able to (although I want it badly), I'm like: is he better than me? No way. But why does he have what I don't? I just can't remove this question from my mind. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. What am I fucking doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
How else would dull win anything, specially non-clay titles? WHOOOPS!

Anyway, You may have heard of Anushka Sharma, the Indian actress? She was in my school and I used to play tennis with her brother Karnesh Sharma. In school she was a nobody. Just an average face with a fair complexion, skinny girl, very jumpy and mostly annoying(specially when they're not pretty).
There were a couple of girls who the entire school was after and they ended up nowhere(btw they were true beauties, it wasn't surprising at all).

Then the next thing you know, Sharma's first film is with Shahrukh Khan. :lol: BTW she had ZERO acting experience prior AND she wasn't drop dead gorgeous like Aishwarya Rai or a Lara Dutta or even a famous model or won any competition. Plus she had zero connections in the film industry(her father is a regular army officer and her mother is your average houswife. I've met them, gone to their house but I'm sure now they won't recognise me :lol:).
Can you imagine the odds of that? And it's not like that was her last film. Oh no, her success skyrocketed after a couple more hit films with her usual jack in the box acting and now she's married to Virat Kohli and they're set for life and her next 5 -10 generations.

There are way more gorgeous actresses, geniunely good looking women who will never get a shot in a decent film let alone with a superstar like SRK. So yeah please explain to me how luck doesn't exist. :lol:
Monfed is a gift that keeps on giving. :rolls:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,406 Posts
Steven Bradbury knows too well.

fAADWfJO2qM

Also this happened not too long ago. The couple pushing the pram were very fortunate to be alive.

vrbOUDudePE

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

Very kind of you to think it was "luck".

21 - 31 of 31 Posts