Grigor Dimitrov @15.00
Kei Nishikori @29.00
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga @29.00
Tomas Berdych @29.00
Marin Cilic @29.00
Milos Raonic @34.00
Nick Kyrgios @41.00
Other players are all over @101.00

I find Dimitrov really overrated. Also I think Murray is a slightly bigger favorite than Djokovic, or at least the gap should be much smaller.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic underrated. 2.20 is a very good odd. Even bookies underrate No1e on grass. I would wait for a draw before betting though - never now how it will be rigged against No1e, if I am into betting.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
if Murray was 5 I would bet, 4.3 is not enough value imo

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Murray focused on clay pretty hard this season, we'll see how he adapts to his homeland grass. I wouldn't put him before Djokovic though, maybe a smaller margin between the two. Those odds will still change a lot until Wimbledon I think. What's Wawrinka's schedule for grass?

·
Banned
43 Posts
Seems about right aside from Nadal. How a guy who lost to Rosol, Darcis, and Kyrgios in his last three Wimby outings can be that high is beyond me. And this time he hasn't even won the FO for his usual confidence boost going into Wimby :lol:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Lay Nadal at 20/1 ......and not lay Nole at 2.5..........where is the logic in that!
Why should I lay Djokovic? This man is a defending champ and is having a great year. Me with my neighbour might as well throw those money out of the window and be lucky enough to go downstairs before he takes them, if I would like to gamble like that.

The point was, that Nadal @ 11 is extremely low considered his form and last years´ performances.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
No way Dimitrov should be on par with Wawrinka imo, regardless of their performance on grass last year. Though maybe they are just relying on all the 2 weeks per year tennis viewers who will remember Dimitrov from last year and probably be unaware Wawrinka just won a slam...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Nadal is too short, he hasn't done anything on grass in years and fourth favourite? Wawrinka too long. Sure grass is not his best surface but he made the semis last year and if he gets hot for two weeks he can beat anyone. Apart from that I think they're about right. Djokovic is safe money to make it deep so will always have good odds though I don't think he will actually win, but then I always seem to overrate him at RG and underrate him here, so who knows...

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Djokovic and Murray should be equal favourites, both have the same chance to win, maybe a slight advantage to Murray on this specific surface and considering his current form.

As for the rest, some could be higher, some could be lower, but you can feel many players can win this year and we can have another surprise, who knows?

·
Bring it Home
20,704 Posts
15 is overrated for a last year's semifinalist and 4.3 is underrated, yeah.
Exactly. :lol:

My first ban ever on MTF will probably come in the day Dimitrov won a slam (and don't you doubt, that day will come), cause I'll expose every idiot who don't know nothing about tennis, don't even care about the sport and is just here to hate and troll on players they don't like (and I'm not talking about Federer Fan, he's a good poster) who says shit about him day in and day out here. :;)

Odds are based on a gazillion things: current form, history, latest results, being good or bad in the surface, etc.

The reason Tsonga is at 29.00 or something is because his last really good grass season was in 2012, he didn't beat anyone good since that.

Nadal had these odds because of his pass, he has very slim chances of winning the tournament, but since he's a 14 time slam champion and won this title twice, they won't put him at 45.00 or something, which would be his real odds. This 11.00 or 12.00 is basically a invitation for people to lose money.

Dimitrov is last year's semi finalist, trashing the defending champion (of course, troll/hater brigade never fail to remember, so I'm antecipating this time: Murray played shit in the QF's, but that had nothing to do with Dimitrov game, even that Murray was playing very well before that QF match sure :lol:) and came a few unlucky points short of winning that semifinal against Djokovic. Only match he lost on grass last year. Can he lost in R1 or R2 to a dangerous player. Yes, he can, specially because he is still listening to Rasheed's bullshit. But he also can win the whole thing, he has the perfect game for the surface. Since he's having a bad year, the odds are ok at 15.00, let's assume he was having Berdych or Nishikori's year, he would be standing at 7.00 or something like that.

Wawrinka isn't good on grass, his strokes aren't made for the grass and even his serve isn't that good for the surface. He's not winning the tournament. A SF would be an amazing result for him and probably won't happen. But he just won the Roland Garros, of course he would have a boost in the odds. Nobody would give you 41.00 on the latest slam champion. :lol:

Djokovic has to be the favorite, he won last year and he's the world number 1.

I'd put Federer with slightly better odds, he has the perfect game for the grass of these days. Won 7 times and reached the final last year. Ok, he's an old man, but he can still play on the grass and will be a serious contender if he manages to survive the first week.

I don't think Murray will win, I don't think he's a natural grass courter like some believe and I believe his current game is better for slower surfaces. But he's obviously not overrated at 4.30, he won this tournament two years ago and is playing at home.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
I'd put Djokovic first, then Andy and Roger.

Doesn't matter much from then on.
Sure, others could easily win it, but you'd never be able to predict it accurately.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts