Do you want Rafole at FO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After final of Australian Open I am, perhaps naively, itching for this match to happen. :cuckoo:

Everyone knows that Novak deserves more RG titles, but he also needs to beat Nadal in the final, something no one could ever pull off. :nerd:

Their last meeting at French Open was straight set win for Novak and coupled with this year's AO result, he could muster enough confidence to achieve the unimaginable. :armed:

So what do you say, whether you're Nole or Rafa fan....do you want this match or would rather take easier way to the title? :sport:

Of course, Fed fans and fans of various mugs, do you want to see this match, entertainment wise, granted Fed and other players you support don't make the final. :pop:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Sure. But I'd be happy with any of Djokovic, Rafa, Thiem or Stan bringing their A-game in the final. Hopefully at least a few rounds for Fed on top of that.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
We do if Nadal plays as well as previous years. If not, but makes his way to the final, it's not gonna mean much just like 2015.

Even if he does but Djokovic beats him, I kinda feel like that ship has sailed for him. Lost too many times to Nadal there, win late in the career is not gonna overturn that.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Nadal on the other side of the net in RG final is the biggest challenge in tennis. If I were to choose I would obviously prefer an easier path for Djoker. But yeah, I'd like to see Djokodal clay war at least one more time. Their epic rallies are epitome of clay tennis.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
The low points of Djokovic career, 2012 FO F loss to Rafa double faulting on match point, the same in the 2014 F, the 2013 SF tough loss (touched the net or whatever it was), 2011 SF loss to Rogie, 2011-2014 were tough years, even losing the 2015 F to Wawrinka after beating Rafa in the QF, 2016 was his year to shine, so let's see what 2019 brings. I'll never forget the look on Djokovic's face especially in 2012 when he double faulted on match point to lose it all!! Djokovic beating specifically Rafa in the 2019 FO F would be a huge deal for sure!!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Poll added.
We do if Nadal plays as well as previous years. If not, but makes his way to the final, it's not gonna mean much just like 2015.

Even if he does but Djokovic beats him, I kinda feel like that ship has sailed for him. Lost too many times to Nadal there, win late in the career is not gonna overturn that.
Hmm, Nadal is so dominant in FO that I don't think one can lose "too many times" to him there.

It would be huge for Novak to win another French, but this time by beating big boss in the final.
In my opinion at least.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
The question I have is, which one winning is better for Rogie? Rafa wins and he would be at 18, 2 away from Rogie, Djokovic wins and he would be at 16, 4 away from Rogie and on a real roll with another 4 in a row (another NYGS), and also a double career slam. Which is the lesser of 2 evils so to speak as a fan of Rogie? For the AO I went with Djokovic winning, but for the 2019 FO if they do indeed meet in the F, I'm thinking perhaps Rafa, because likely the FO is the only slam he'll win for now on, but Djokovic ha chances at others too!! What're your thoughts out there fellow Rogie fans, Rafa or Djokovic winning is better form Rogie? Of course if neither wins, it's all the better!!

·
justice for all
13,130 Posts
I mean literally the only people who want this final are Djokovic and Nadal fans, and even between them the minority.

Why would sane tennis fans want another chapter of this boring, predictable, stale and futureless matchup? Tell me one legit reason.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
The question I have is, which one winning is better for Rogie? Rafa wins and he would be at 18, 2 away from Rogie, Djokovic wins and he would be at 16, 4 away from Rogie and on a real roll with another 4 in a row (another NYGS), and also a double career slam. Which is the lesser of 2 evils so to speak as a fan of Rogie? For the AO I went with Djokovic winning, but for the 2019 FO if they do indeed meet in the F, I'm thinking perhaps Rafa, because likely the FO is the only slam he'll win for now on, but Djokovic ha chances at others too!! What're your thoughts out there fellow Rogie fans, Rafa or Djokovic winning is better form Rogie? Of course if neither wins, it's all the better!!
I think your assessment is correct from the perspective of Federer fans.

For myself, I would like to see Djokovic take on Nadal even though it would obviously be much harder than a match against someone else.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I really want neither in the final for Rogie's sake and the slam count, etc... That being said, I posted what I did above if it's to be both of them in the final, who I'd want to win and who I'd want to lose, etc... Also, if only one of them's in the F, I'd prefer Rafa over Djokovic actually, he's less of a threat to getting 20 or more because IMO he'll only win FOs for now on if any more grand slams!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nadal will be in the final. Who he faces, we will see, as guys like Thiem, Federer and Zverev will have a say. If Djokovic gets to the final, he will be the underdog. Nadal is the GOAT on clay, it will take some performance to beat him in the final. Djokovic is the only one capable, but he would need Nadal to be off his game. I hope we get this final, as Nadal will destroy all other finalists. Djokovic might take a set or two.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Someone mentioned Zverev, please no. Yes, my heart never trembled like when the Djokodal at RG was on, especially in the final. I literally had elevated blood pressure during those matches. It's like conquering a king, a final villain (i don't think Rafa is bad, a figure of speech), like coming to the throne of the dark lord himself and fighting him atop his fortress. It's the ultimate challenge in tennis.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Well then, here's to Rafa winning the 2019 FO final, if not Rogie or someone else not named Djokovic, my preference to win the 2019 FO F in order are: 1.) Rogie, 2.) Anyone Else but Rafa and Djokovic, 3.) Rafa, and 4.) Djokovic!!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really want neither in the final for Rogie's sake and the slam count, etc... That being said, I posted what I did above if it's to be both of them in the final, who I'd want to win and who I'd want to lose, etc... Also, if only one of them's in the F, I'd prefer Rafa over Djokovic actually, he's less of a threat to getting 20 or more because IMO he'll only win FOs for now on if any more grand slams!!
Maybe Djokovic winning FO by beating the clay warrior there would make him even more empty of motive than his first FO? Maybe just enough for Rogie to sneak another W?

Now I'm thinking would I really want something like that to happen if it means Novak losing passion again? :scratch:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I mean literally the only people who want this final are Djokovic and Nadal fans, and even between them the minority.

Why would sane tennis fans want another chapter of this boring, predictable, stale and futureless matchup? Tell me one legit reason.

I think any tennis fan wants a competitive match. Thiem and Stan were destroyed by Nadal in the final. We have have not had a decent slam final in a long time. A Djokovic-Nadal final at the French is the only one I will watch. Nadal destroying another guy in the final does not interest me. A want a classic, something like their 2013 semi, that was epic stuff.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Final words everyone.. sad.

Anyway, regarding the thread.

Rafa will have Djokovic for desert in Paris.

And i'll put my account on the line for that!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts