Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Re: Do u think the "5 Masters 1000 in a season" record of Djokovic will be equalled s

There won't be a lot such universal players like Nole was this year. I say that this record won't be beaten for next 10 years till the next generation.

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
Re: Do u think the "5 Masters 1000 in a season" record of Djokovic will be equalled s

Probably not. Maybe Murray, but he's capable of losing to just about anyone on any given day.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Five masters in a season doesn't really seem like an unreachable goal. I say it's easily more achievable than the other ridiculous records out there.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

I doubt it ...Even Fed in his prime won 4 only
I think only Djokovic is capable equaling his own record simple because he's capable to play consistent on any surface. Federer could do the same but he lacks ambition in MS 1000 tournaments. Murray can't win clay events. Nadal can't win Cincy and post USO masters.
Can't see it getting broken anytime soon.
Very unlikely.
Nobody will break this record :worship:
:superlol:..Nadal is two matches away from breaking it only two years after it was set, and to become the first to win 6th M1000 shield having missed Miami like Nole missing MC in 2011..It will probably come to Djokovic to prevent it..

Every record of the old legends have broken and Federer's record will be broken one day. I would say it won't happen in a few years time.
Five masters in a season doesn't really seem like an unreachable goal. I say it's easily more achievable than the other ridiculous records out there.
:yeah: the right posture to take on theses kind of question..never say never..

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

If Nadal breaks this record (as opposed to just co-owning it with Djokovic), that would be really impressive. Vamos, Rafa! :hearts:

I doubt Rafa will beat Djokovic here in Paris though.

·
Registered
443 Posts

The field is getting better each year, it seems. Yeah, right.
Or... Maybe you fav is just getting worse. :shrug:

I'm sorry. But you just set yourself up for that one.;)

·
Registered
13,904 Posts

Or... Maybe you fav is just getting worse. :shrug:

I'm sorry. But you just set yourself up for that one.;)
What has the decline of Fed got to do with the fact Nadal won a lot of titles he has no business winning this season?

·
Registered
443 Posts

What has the decline of Fed got to do with the fact Nadal won a lot of titles he has no business winning this season?
You said the field. Fed is part of the field and one of the few capable of beating Rafa anywhere.

And Fed's lost a lot of matches he had no business losing this year. He took a set off Rafa at Cincy. But I guess that was a title Rafa had no business winning, right? Your point? You act like Rafa's not allowed to win titles; as if there's some rule that says he can't hold/break records and doesn't deserve anything he works hard for. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of your post. You sound bitter. Don't let your hate rob you of your common sense.

And another thing. Apparently you missed the joke in my last post and took it way too seriously. Relax. It's just tennis.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts

Djoker trying to prevent the record in the final would add some dramatic irony to a tourney that's been treated with indifference by many.

·
Registered
460 Posts

Djoker trying to prevent the record in the final would add some dramatic irony to a tourney that's been treated with indifference by many.
Indeed. Good to have a narrative in Paris this year. Although I'd rather Fed won the Djoko semi, there's no denying based on this year that Novak has a better chance in the final should Nadal also make it. (probably will).

Also funny how soon this record could be toppled, if only Novak had sustained his form for a month or too longer in 2011 it could have been way out of reach.

·
Registered
321 Posts

:superlol:..Nadal is two matches away from breaking it only two years after it was set, and to become the first to win 6th M1000 shield having missed Miami like Nole missing MC in 2011..It will probably come to Djokovic to prevent it..

:yeah: the right posture to take on theses kind of question..never say never..
Yeah..right..

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

(To whether Djokovic's Masters 1000 titles record will be broken)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

(To whether Djokovic's Masters 1000 titles record will be broken)
already tied though
might get broken in not that long

21 - 36 of 36 Posts