Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do u think the "5 Masters 1000 in a season" record of Djokovic will be equalled soon?

Reading through the messages on MTF, one can believe that during the next 4 or 5 years Nadal and Djokovic will obbliterate the rest of the tour, at least in slams.

Do you think the same will happen also in the ATP Masters 1000 series? Will Nadal or even Djokovic himself level or surpass the record the serb achieved this year, of winning 5 of those?

When do you think such a feat will happen, if ever? And who will be the hero?

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Re: Do u think the "5 Masters 1000 in a season" record of Djokovic will be equalled s

I doubt it ...Even Fed in his prime won 4 only

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: Do u think the "5 Masters 1000 in a season" record of Djokovic will be equalled s

If it wasn't for the strategic decision to skip MC and the health and fatigue issues in the 2nd half of the season, Nole really might have won a couple more. 5 doesn't seem unreachable to me, but still, it's gonna be very hard for anyone to tie or even break that record.

·
Registered
960 Posts

Murray will win all the non-clay Masters, while failing to win any slams.

·
Registered
845 Posts

I think only Djokovic is capable equaling his own record simple because he's capable to play consistent on any surface. Federer could do the same but he lacks ambition in MS 1000 tournaments. Murray can't win clay events. Nadal can't win Cincy and post USO masters.

·
Registered
638 Posts

nadal and djokovic will share the 5 first M 1000 of the season, they have no business winning the 4 others.
Although I can very well see fed winning one of these 5 first of the season if nadal is beaten by somebody.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts

If they keep slowing down the HC tournaments it's bound to happen. Reason Fed only won 4 is that he couldn't win the clay masters. Otherwise he might have won 5+

What usually have spoiled the chances are that clay has been to different from the fast HC tournaments. Thats why Nadal sucked in all the non-clay masters but after they started to slow everything down big time (because of Fed's dominance) he started to win on other surfaces too.

Now it's all the same crap. If they don't create variety again the #1 dominating player will likely do it again every other year

·
Banned
5,508 Posts

Every record of the old legends have broken and Federer's record will be broken one day. I would say it won't happen in a few years time.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts

Nobody will break this record :worship:

·
Registered
16,539 Posts

He'll win them all next year :rocker2:

·
Premium Member
21,585 Posts

It could happen... winning something like IW, Madrid, Montreal, Shanghai and Paris would make 5, however winning 5 masters straight, I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon. :)

·
Registered
757 Posts

I really don't think Nole pays too much attention to the masters, now that he is a multiple GS champion. If anything at all, he wants to complete his masters collection (MC, Cincinnati, Shanghai). Other than that, it's (almost) all about the GS.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

definitely doable, considering there's 6 HC masters. I can see Murray potentially doing it. He got to the semis of 2 clay masters, he won't suck at Indian Wells/Miami next year, and on top of that his regular dose of 2 a year. He could do it. Not saying he will, but it's certainly possible. Federer only won 4 a season, but how many did he play, 6?

·
Registered
7,983 Posts

definitely doable, considering there's 6 HC masters. I can see Murray potentially doing it. He got to the semis of 2 clay masters, he won't suck at Indian Wells/Miami next year, and on top of that his regular dose of 2 a year. He could do it. Not saying he will, but it's certainly possible. Federer only won 4 a season, but how many did he play, 6?
8 only

1 - 20 of 36 Posts