Mens Tennis Forums banner

Federer fans, do you want Djokovic to beat Nadal at RG?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fed fans rooted for Djokovic in previous seasons because he kept Nadal away from reaching Roger's records, but as time goes by Novak is going out of Fedal's shadow and establishes his own legacy.

Even though Nadal hasn't won many clay Masters for the last 2 seasons, but it doesn't make the difference at RG where Rafa proved in 2014 that he still can peak for 2 weeks. Rafa will be only 29 y.o. in 3 days time ffs. Djokovic beating Nadal in all 4 Slams cerainly would make Fed look less greater compared to as things stay now considering that Nole and Roger are tied in Slams h2h, but Fed doesn't have victories over Nadal outside of Wimbledon, so that makes Djokovic h2h all surfaces goat.

Also Djokovic stopping Nadal at RG might be the last blow to Fedal's aura which works both ways for Federer fans. It makes Fed look greater that he competed for the big part of his career against 2 Tier1 players, but on the other hand it looks less special because not only Nadal is a player of an equal level.

As for Roger himself from his interviews it seems like Federer is more delighted with Nadal getting another RG which makes Rafa's resume too much clay skewed for goat debates than Djokovic winning Career Slam.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Nope, I'd rather Nadal won.

·
Banned
923 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
No Fed fans want Nadal to win. I think deep down that they know Fed probably won't win but at least with Nadal they know what they will get: an intense drubbing. With Djokovic playing like he has this year, he has a lot of Fed and Rafa fans pretty uneasy. They feel like he must be stopped. Don't pay attention to what they say because it is mostly bullshit, except Sheeple. He's pretty level-headed, for the most part, and see things objectively. Most of the rest are insecure about Djokovic's position in the game right now.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Actually i now hope that Nadal wins, just to shut up all those crazy fanboys :smoke:
I find it quite ludicrous when someone calls another set of fans crazy. How can fans of Nadal or Murray or Fed call Djokovic crazy and not themselves crazy?

Djokovic's fans support their man big time just as Nadal's fans support him big time, same as Fed and Murray as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I find it quite ludicrous when someone calls another set of fans crazy. How can fans of Nadal or Murray or Fed call Djokovic crazy and not themselves crazy?

Djokovic's fans support their man big time just as Nadal's fans support him big time, same as Fed and Murray as well.
Ookay.. :bolt: Oh and i'm no Fed "fan" but for my eyes his tennis is best looking..

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
The Fedfans with the correct perspective know exactly the answer to this. I won't say what that is - you're either ignorant or you aren't.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Clearly would prefer Djokovic to win.

1) It would be good to have someone else win this tournament for once, after Nadal's "sick" domination.

2) Federer stands a greater chance of beating Djokovic than Nadal on clay, should he, Federer, get to the final. (I don't for one minute think he'll get that far, mind.)

3) Federer has far more threat from Nadal reaching his majors record, than from Djokovic. Which is the record most tennis fans/players covet the most.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Don't mind who wins. Looking forward to seeing a good game. I don't think Fed has the level to stop Djokovic any more, and he could never stop Nadal on this surface. So I'll just watch the match without any thought to the impact on Fed. If Nadal passes Roger's GS record, so be it, he will deserve the title of GOAT.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Yes of course.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm surprised how many Fed fans are saying they'd rather Rafa win. Nole isn't quite close to Federer's all time GS record yet, so I'd assume Nole would be the easy choice here regardless of how you feel about him.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Fed fans rooted for Djokovic in previous seasons because he kept Nadal away from reaching Roger's records, but as time goes by Novak is going out of Fedal's shadow and establishes his own legacy.

Even though Nadal hasn't won many clay Masters for the last 2 seasons, but it doesn't make the difference at RG where Rafa proved in 2014 that he still can peak for 2 weeks. Rafa will be only 29 y.o. in 3 days time ffs. Djokovic beating Nadal in all 4 Slams cerainly would make Fed look less greater compared to as things stay now considering that Nole and Roger are tied in Slams h2h, but Fed doesn't have victories over Nadal outside of Wimbledon, so that makes Djokovic h2h all surfaces goat.

Also Djokovic stopping Nadal at RG might be the last blow to Fedal's aura which works both ways for Federer fans. It makes Fed look greater that he competed for the big part of his career against 2 Tier1 players, but on the other hand it looks less special because not only Nadal is a player of an equal level.

As for Roger himself from his interviews it seems like Federer is more delighted with Nadal getting another RG which makes Rafa's resume too much clay skewed for goat debates than Djokovic winning Career Slam.
A slam is a slam. You can argue Federer hasn't done enough on clay to be considered GOAT.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Yes of course.
Federers not even making this final. If Monfils doesn't get him today. TSONGA will own him in the semi. Right now he is giving Berdcrap a good hiding. How this guy is number 4 in the world is a mystery. He can't play for shit when it matters.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts