Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two principal "one hit wonder" bandwagons of the year, right after they both got a win off Federer they imidiatey became the "next big thing" or "now a member of the holy trinity!" or "now he is in there with the big three" to the point where now Federer was king of grass, Nadal king of clay and Djokovic king of hardcourt or in nalbandian's case, king of incourt hardcourt..

Djokovic bandwagon dissapeared almost as fast as it was created and with the complete ownage he recieved in Shangai he is now basicaly just as loved as he was back in the australian open, just another up and comer, however, Nalbandian got two wins off Federer and managed to win two masters at the end of the year and is still riding the high note, however I sense a similar destruction of the bandwagon once Nalbandian fails misserably in the Australian open (oh yes you know it's gona happen, it allways does) so by January next year things should be back to normal but I have to say, I disliked the Nalbandian bandwagon MUCH worst than the Djokowagon, even if I like Nalbandian a lot and dont like Djokovic, Nalbandian's fans are crazy and fucked in the head.. the moment he beat federer threads started showing up saying dumb shit like "Not even godlike federer can beat fit dave!!!!" wtf, the man with one grand slam final is suddenly better than the man with 12... so yeah my vote goes for the nalbandian fans BY FAR.

memorabl emention goes to the Canas bandwagon when he got two wins off Roger as well

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Nalbandian already had a lot of fans who were not that vocal but became stronger after his wins. Djokovic play spawned new tards the like of which had never been seen before. I give it to the Djokotards.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
The rise of the Djokotards was for sure the bandwagonning event of the year. This Nalbandwagon doesn't touch it, IMO. Kuhne you must be having problems with your memory, or were not visiting MTF regularly in August this year.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Nalbandian, because all out of a Sudden he "became" the best player of the ATP. I imagine what would have happenned if had he won Canda and Cincinatti Masters Series followed by US Open, like Roddick did in 2003.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
As soon as the Count of Monte Cheat-o turned in the worst performance in the history of the Masters Cup, the Djokotards evaporated like vampires exposed to sunlight.:devil:

Don't forget: good sportsmanship is like holy water to their ilk.:devil:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
No way are the Nalbandian fans crazy (in fact, I don't see how we are crazy at all? except for Jeronimo) in comparison to the group of Djokovic trolls that get every thread about Djokovic closed. Besides it's the more the bandwagoning in general for Nalbandian, nothing to do with his fans. Funny you should say that though since I remember you making a post that Federer's performance against Ferrer wasn't good enough to beat a godlike Nalbandian which is very similar to some of the other bandwagoning you mentioned.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Only thing I can say is that I always loved Nalbandian from the start. I wasn't on the internet in August when djoko became hot so can't say anything about it

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
I have been a fan of Nalbandian since 2001, hope has died and been reborn year after year. I have to admit having lost faith on Nalby for some time, he got more lazy and fat and choked more than even before most of this year. So seeing a newborn thin Nalby play dream tennis against the greatest players of the world excited me ofcourse. Even when he was playing horrible tennis I put him as one of the main threats for Nadal in RG.

Also, Djokovic may have squeezed a victory against Federer. But he didnt outplay Federer or crush Nadal twice. I never jumped on the Djoko bandwagon and always questioned if he really is the great talent of his generation.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Nole has pro h8rs , look at this place, their lives are so empty they have to empty it on someone far more successful and usually for the most miserable reasons. Just because of that it seems like he has the most noise about him

But this thread is about bandwagoning? and yes there is some of that with him, can't help it really and nothing unusual. I think Murray had far more of that early on until he went down

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Your entire existence here is based on him not winning slams and Murray overtaking him but we'll see who laughs about that :D
You think? I'd be willing to wager that of my 2000ish posts, about 60 of them are Nole related :)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
They're both excellent wagons with more and more people getting on. The ones not running so well are the Ljubicicwagon and the Safinwagon with people getting off.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kent Brockman: Springfield is once again overrun with fair-weather fans.
Homer: The Isotopes are winning? To the bandwagon!

Here in MTF? They are not very annoying. If you want to know a real Nalbandwagoner, just ask for diestromagico in ESPNdeportes forums:devil: :devil: ...

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Kent Brockman: Springfield is once again overrun with fair-weather fans.
Homer: The Isotopes are winning? To the bandwagon!

Here in MTF? They are not very annoying. If you want to know a real Nalbandwagoner, just ask for diestromagico in ESPNdeportes forums:devil: :devil: ...
ESPNdeportes must be the worst tennis forums, bah all forums there are crap

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Djokowagon for sure. So many new posters have come here all in crazy defense of him. Nalbandian brought a few new people but it hasn't been that bad.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts