Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow tennis fans. I have been a long time reader of the forum and have been watching tennis avidly since the mid-70's (Connors-Laver was the first match I can remember watching), but this is my first post. I don't want to make this into another GOAT debate post because overall it is still too close to call. One area that sticks out to me when analyzing the data is top-10 wins. Djokovic wins a few percentage more of these matches, but he plays them at an historically higher rate than anyone else we have ever seen. Can the higher rate of top-10 matches be explained? A perfect example would be last week. Nadal plays in Acapulco and the only other top-10 player in the tournament loses early. Djokovic plays in Dubai and ends up playing both of the other two top-10 players in the field. Nadal and Djokovic play similar schedules so why do the top-10 matches played never even out?

I got these stats from ultimatetennisstatistics.com comparing the big-3 from 2011-2020. They are staggering to me.

Code:
                    Federer         Nadal         Djokovic
All matches           590            614            668
Total wins            493            516            587
Top 10 matches        147            153            219
Top 10 wins            88             99            173
Top 10 matches %     24.9%          24.9%          32.8%

·
Registered
2 Posts
By and large, simply 53.2 percent of their focuses this season. The other side of the coin is likewise calming to examine: Top 10 players normal losing 47 percent of the considerable number of focuses they play.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

1 - 2 of 2 Posts