Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hear so much about his ROS, but a commentator during the match today said something I noticed in 2011 as well. To a certain extent, Djokovic is a rhythm player, but it's not just about rhythm. With a few forehand or backhand exchanges he often manages to feed to ball onto a very tight-angled flat trajectory onto or near the service line, drawing his opponent way off the court. I've never seen anyone do this with his precision. To me, his biggest strength (along with his ability to land the ball deep off the opponent's serve or otherwise) is a strategic/agility one whereby he can land the ball consistently in at those ridiculous angles, avoiding the net. Quite magical.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
His running CCBH stab is also pretty nice when it's on. Keeps it low over the net and makes it tough to volley.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
IMO his greatest asset is equaly good play from both wings, cc or paralell. Then he uses that to play best open shot possible. Add improved serve and good net game and voleys, he is a beast. Only he can beat himself by playing poor or nervous, or maybe can be outhit by ballbasher on a phenomenal day, not much other ways to beat him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts