Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Equally brilliant

Votes: 4 10.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One good thing came out of the Djokovic has no signature shot trolling thread. It got me pondering which was better, his sliding CC and DTL backhand or Roger's inside out forehand? Both are GOAT shots :worship:

Which is more impressive to you? Genuine replies please, no trolling. It's a tough choice for me. No one else on tour can hit these shots but them, which is what makes them signature. Djoker can pull of amazing defensive shots with the sliding BH but can also blast winners. But Roger's inside out forehand is a thing of effortless brilliance.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
The execution from Federer and one of a kind retrieves from Novak... its a hard desicion indeed. I dont like to choose between 2 brilliant performances.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried to pull off the Djoker slide but injured myself in the process. I blame my age!

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Djokovic's slicing backhand.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Nole's BH.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,660 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Novaks backhand is just the best in the business while Rogers forehand is actually being done at times by other players with great forehand as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Roger's inside-out FH setting up the inside-in FH combination.

Works a treat against Murray.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Fed's FH. Come on now, this isn't close.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have tried to pull off the Djoker slide but injured myself in the process. I blame my age!
Do you really play tennis? Judging by your comments I didnt expect anything above candy crush.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
One good thing came out of the Djokovic has no signature shot trolling thread. It got me pondering which was better, his sliding CC and DTL backhand or Roger's inside out forehand? Both are GOAT shots :worship:
Why didn't Federer use that goat shot when harassed in her backhand corner like little helpless girly girl...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well you're comparing apples and oranges here, one is a offensive shot the other is a defensive shot. I prefer Novak sliding BH just because most of time when he does it he hits a ridiculous shot from a defensive position, passing shots, ridiculous gets, etc. And Imo it's a much more difficult shot, you have to have great balance, strength, timing, just overall a difficult shot that does not get enough credit.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
both are signature shots and best in the business. how much brain does it take to moonball?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
A lott of players can smack glorious FHs (I like the Del Potro running FH more than Federer IO FH ) but a lott less (if any) can hit on a regular basis such astounding unique shot as Novak sliding BH.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Novak's sliding backhand and backhand in general is a far more impressive shot than Federer's forehand.

Watch the Miami 2014 final for a prime example of just how devastating Novak can be with his backhand: he destroyed Rafa with the cross court backhand.

Federer's forehand produces a ton of errors/shanks and that has been the case throughout his career. The most beautiful shot I've seen from Federer is his running forehand down the line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkI4FpZDQcc&t=1m0s

Novak has used that same shot many times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JInQVyVaAfI&t=4m38s

Also beautiful is Novak's running backhand down the line which he used effectively against Federer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCZjXaIl1s&t=11m17s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa12HZOz7Ug&t=0m38s

I rarely see backhand shanks from Novak which clearly indicates his positioning and technique are good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts