Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Nonsense! Novak was asked a question about the final and responded in a positive way. He seems very friendly with Thiem and Zerev so what is wrong with praising them as players and people? Your Novak hatred is juvenile and pathetic.
I couldn’t see him congratulating Medved and PCB, who thankfully were not in final.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I have to make a confession. I don't really hate Djokovic. I just dislike him and his tennis. But it's all within civilised boundaries. I respect him for his accomplishments which are really really great.
And if not for his obnoxious, in a strange way both cocky and insecure fans I'd probably cut my bashing of him by 95%. And yeah, when he starts losing on regular basis the worst of them will go back to their caves and will not return. The good ones (cause there's many of them too!) will remain and MTF will be a better place.
So it's only natural and beneficial for the majority of us that he declines and eventually retires.
🤔, because it takes one to know one. Actually most of us reside in normal abodes, just not on Swiss billionaire’s level.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
🤔, because it takes one to know one. Actually most of us reside in normal abodes, just not on Swiss billionaire’s level.
Case in point.

Saw Djokovic's Rome presser. A really good one. He seems to be very relaxed and peaceful almost. It's been a while since I saw him like that. He's accepted what happened and moved on. His sad tards should do the same. But they won't. Cuz reasons...

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is over the top.
Outside of Djokovic fans, does anyone really care that he congratulates the new champ in some official capacity?
What a load of pomp.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You are obviously not the target audience. So, why would you even care?
Or you're trying to be pompous yourself? :unsure:
Djokovic haters are everywhere; little do they know he's the man they should be cheering.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
In some ways Djokovic is a superior sportsman with superior champion qualities than Federer and Nadal. It is unknown if it's contrived by Djokovic to one up Fedal with these ways Novak expresses and acts his superior sportsmanship, because he identifies these little ways he can one up Fedal. But still credit to Djokovic for showing great sportsmanship qualities along with his poor sport mishaps, which never bothered me at all. Good people to bad things sometimes especially on the tennis court in the heat of battle.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
To me, this part: “Thank you both Domi and Sasha for standing strong for your character values and seeing always what matters the most – love and respect for each other” is like a dig at people who never show respect to his colleagues like, cough, an Australian thug.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Maybe it is the real Djokovic reading a script concocted by the public image (fake) Djokovic? :)

·
Premium Member
21,199 Posts
To be honest, looking through Novak's eyes in the video, he doesn't seem to congratulate Dommi 'genuinely', it's more like "Damn it, that trophy shoulda been mine, technically, you had stole it, not fair' bla bla bla,
lol
Dunno, seems people will always find a reason to be triggered. If players are cursing and screaming, then it's 'omg they are so rude and disrespectful', and when they are respectuful then it's 'omg it's so cringe and fake'. Same old.

·
Registered
446 Posts
To be honest, looking through Novak's eyes in the video, he doesn't seem to congratulate Dommi 'genuinely', it's more like "Damn it, that trophy shoulda been mine, technically, you had stole it, not fair' bla bla bla,
lol
Wow, nice to see we have on MTF certified behaviorologists and ophtamologists 👏👏👏

41 - 60 of 60 Posts