Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It means he worked harder to win, but numbers are numbers

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this mean for him? To me it proves yet again how tough the competiton Nole has to face is. If you look at his slams, he always has to beat the top players to win. He has never had easy final or semi final opponents like Nadal in 2010 in particular (6 top 10 players faced). Roger had a much stronger field than some think but he still had finals that were easy for him. Novak in 2011 has arguably the greatest season ever and he beat Fedal, the GOAT and a 14 times grand slam winner 11 times. It's unbelievable. This year he is owning the top 10 as well so far.

Does this strengthen his GOAT argument, the fact he has beaten top ten players a record 24 times in a single season and he has done it twice? Or is 8 slams too few to be in the GOAT argument?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My answer is it strengthens his GOAT argument but also he has to win a few more slams for it to make a bigger difference. Level of competiton should come into these things. It certainly makes it mean more in my opinion. Obviously Roger is the GOAT and he did it the hard way too, but no one did so like Djoker.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
GOAT argument in the absolute weakest period in tennis? not a chance :lol:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This message is hidden because RamonBrazzers is on your ignore list.

I keep seeing this in my threads. Hopefully now he realises I can't see his posts, he won't reply. I won't put up with trolls, especially not racist ones.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Doesn't mean much when top10 is this weak. Now 2009, that was a real top 10

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't mean much when top10 is this weak. Now 2009, that was a real top 10
Djoker and Murray weren't even close to their best then. 2011 was an amazing year and Djoko owned everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts