Mens Tennis Forums banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well, I don't think he'll get to Project 15 first.

It's worth of noting that Djokovic's game is also MUCH more physically demanding than Federer's for example. Don't think he'll be able to keep it up(at all) once he turns 30.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Who was losing or in constant pain and surgeries instead of winning the 17 Slams in the last 9+ years?

·
Registered
801 Posts
The guy straight up looks like a marathon runner or procyclist, very durable and extremely light on his feet/joints and he stretches a lot every day, eats as healthy as someone can and I sincerly believe he biologically has good genes, for instance he's not balding at all and looks young for his age so I think effectively he's not 6 years younger but more like 9 years younger then 40-15er and not 1 year younger but more like 4 years younger then Dull so he's basically like a 30 year old and that means he will have his chances for sure.
He moves like he’s 27 and serves faster than when he was 24. Fred was the one that was broken with pain since 2015..

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
He moves like he’s 27 and serves faster than when he was 24. Fred was the one that was broken with pain since 2015..
True, his serve really improved a lot and he's still moving better than most of the next gen.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Rare thread aging well but so is Novak keeping to a strict diet & training regimen not to mention maintaining a robust team around him esp. the perennial Vajda.

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
Time for @Tennis Passion to start jerking off. Enjoy.
Who ? when .. what ?

You made me read the entire thread to get to the context. So Novak won 10 slams after turning 28 ... good to know. But it looks like he will need at least 14-15 or 4-5 after turning 34 to end up with most slams in history

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Realistically if Nole play till near 40 and is still a top 5 player and competing for slams like fed been doing for the pass couple years he's going to obliterate the slam record and i always thought that. 6 years of competing and being top 5 who knows what he'll end up with and what other records he's going to set and i put Nadal in that too but to a lesser extent because he's not as consistent.

Fed playing this long really is a good and bad thing because it shows Nole and Nadal that it's possible and with them always being younger and knocking on the door of fed records with a possibility of playing 6 more years or so to break and extend them

·
Registered
108 Posts
To be honest more and more I think about it, more possible it seems for me that Novak can really win 21+ Slams. I mean since his injury and problems and later return to his form in the middle of 2018 he has won 1USO, 2 Wimbledon and 3 AO + made RG final. That's 6 Slams in just over 2 years and a half and not even taking into account USO disqualification and Wimbledon 2020 cancelled.

There are 7 more Slams by the end of 2022 when he'll be 35y6m old. Objectively he's first favourite everywhere but at RG and even there he has "only" Rafa and Thiem who can realistically beat him when in form (at least for now). If he remains focused and injury free during this time, another 3-5 Slams are definitely possible.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts