Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic is sitting on 9 Slams now and he's 28 y.o.

29-30 - the age Federer played his career's best tennis in Grand Slam tournaments(2011-2012 seasons).

Let's calculate - Novak will have the chance to win 10 Slams(from USO-15 till AO-18) until he reaches 31. Realistically Djoker could win 6-7 of the next 10 and he will only need 2-3 more for finishing Project 18.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I don't think it's gonna happen.

There's definitely a chance it could, but it's unlikely...I mean, it's fun to predict...but it's even better to just sit and enjoy the ride and see if it happens.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Doubtful. Could have hit the 14-16 range by now had he not choked all those finals to Nadal and lost to Murray of all people.

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts
Well, I don't think he'll get to Project 15 first.

It's worth of noting that Djokovic's game is also MUCH more physically demanding than Federer's for example. Don't think he'll be able to keep it up(at all) once he turns 30.

·
Registered
735 Posts
His advantage is, there is no real contender in sight.
he can compete for surely 5 years and will probably a favourite each time he plays.
his hardes opponent may be Wawrinka, who is even older than him.
All younger players which are currently on atp tour do not seem to be able to stop him.
if Nadal doesn't recover Djokovic has some chance to get 10 more grand slam titles.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Impossible. Project 14 and tying Nadal could be a thing though, but my bet is 12.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
Djokovic is sitting on 9 Slams now and he's 28 y.o.

29-30 - the age Federer played his career's best tennis in Grand Slam tournaments(2011-2012 seasons).

Let's calculate - Novak will have the chance to win 10 Slams(from USO-15 till AO-18) until he reaches 31. Realistically Djoker could win 6-7 of the next 10 and he will only need 2-3 more for finishing Project 18.
:spit: No he didn't, won only 1 major during that time.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I don't want to be a buzzkill on a great day like this, but it's not very likely. Novak needs to win the USO this year and have another 3-slam year next season before I consider this even remotely possible.

But I do have a very good feeling about the US Open this year. I think we'll finally see a second title for Djokovic there after all those close encounters in the finals. Federer won't be near as dangerous there as he was on grass and Murray's still hopeless against Djokovic on HC for the most part. Only Wawrinka stands as a serious threat, and Novak can certainly handle him better on HC than on clay.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Don't forget that Nadal and Federer are still competing. Anything can happen.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
:spit: No he didn't, won only 1 major during that time.
god damn... take your facts out of MTF ... haha. Roger is playing his best right now at 34. even though he ain't winning slams. Nole could win 25 slams to be honest... if he plays until he is 100

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
If it's possible then it's for Federer. Maybe maybe Nadal!

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Federer, Lendl and Sampras only won 2 slams after turning 28. but the tards think djokovic will win many slams after 28. lol. delusional. this will be nole's last great year and last year where he wins multiple slams. think roger after 2009.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it is possible, but not probable. He would have to double his current Slam total, which is a big ask in my opinion. That said, Fed will continue to slip and Nadal is a big question mark in my mind. This could open up a window over the next couple of years for Djokovic. I am gonna guess 6 more slams for a total of 15. I have to believe a combo of age and emerging young players will make the climb to 18 just to tough. I think going 8-8 in finals out of the gate will be the difference maker. If he had gone 11-5, 18 would have been a lock. He does have a chance, but with little room for error. It will be fun to watch.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
2011-2015 = 10 slams counting USO

According to Djokovic fitness trainer he can maintain this form for another 4 years. Weak era upcoming + less external factors (I hope) will most likely lead to project 18.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts