Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It isn't even funny anymore how, when down in the score, he starts playing possum, falling awkwardly and looking like the whichever body part he's staring at in the course of the between point antic is going to snap off him...Then, suddenly, he goes on to win the next game, playing with ridiculous abandon like nothing is up with him...

If this was Nadal/Nishikori/Delpo, folks will be laying into them like the ultimate undisguised cheaters when they are in fact one of the tour most fragile players..

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Re: It is time to call out Djokovic faking bullshit

Novak has always had a reputation for faking injury + illness.

·
Registered
82 Posts

However, today he feels pain and is more than normally tired, you can clearly see it, he is overshowing it, but he is not comfortable on court

·
29,699 Posts

it's absolutely disgusting but the truth is: Murray is so, so, so easily distracted by literally fucking anything. Novak KNEW this

·
Registered
62,542 Posts

I seriously don't get what the complaint is with Djokovic this set. He played an awful, tired game to get broken then tanked the next return game to give himself some time. No MTO, no complaint of injury. What's the issue? Nothing like making out there's some crippling injury or taking a time out, just tiredness.

·
WOAT Predictor
1,369 Posts

Let him enjoy that stupid fake acting, he never understands why the audience doesn't like him.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

This thread was started by a Nadal fan. Ignore.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Did he take an MTO? No? Moving on... :sport:
This. If it was Nadal he would feign being sick, take 87 MTO's and then recover to win a 10 hour match.

Desperate Nadal fans.

Reactions: A_Skywalker

·
Registered
14,489 Posts

Murray fakes even more...and his swearing isn't nice either...

·
Registered
62,542 Posts

The hypocrisy of the commentators for complaining about Djokovic tanking one return game after being broken while saying nothing when Nadal makes a big show of being immobile for a set then is suddenly back to normal when the next set starts is overwhelming btw.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts

The hypocrisy of the commentators for complaining about Djokovic tanking one return game after being broken while saying nothing when Nadal makes a big show of being immobile for a set then is suddenly back to normal when the next set starts is overwhelming btw.
Please, I can only imagine the reaction here if Nadal behaved half as ridiculously as Novak is today.

·
Registered
62,542 Posts

Please, I can only imagine the reaction if Nadal behaved as ridiculously as Novak is today.
Exactly what it is towards Djokovic. Poor form, but not a big deal, he didn't do anuthing illegal and never claimed to have any sort of injury. No MTO, no bathroom break, no visit from trainer, just a single tanked game.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts

Exactly what it is towards Djokovic. Poor form, but not a big deal, he didn't do anuthing illegal and never claimed to have any sort of injury. No MTO, no bathroom break, no visit from trainer, just a single tanked game.
What? He spent the second half of set 1 (till the TB), the first half of set 2 and the first half of set 3 acting like a dying drunk. It was not one game. The fact he doesn't have an actual injury and hence hasn't had a MTO goes to show how put on the whole thing is.

·
Registered
62,542 Posts

What? He spent the second half of set 1 (till the TB), the first half of set 2 and the first half of set 3 acting like a dying drunk. It was not one game. The fact he doesn't have an actual injury and hence hasn't had a MTO goes to show how put on the whole thing is.
He played some tired and strategic tank games :shrug: Never claimed an injury, never called an MTO. I've defended Murray on that too. "Acting tired" is not cheating, especially if you are, you know, actually tired.

BTW, I agree he has faked in the past. I removed him from support list after that extremely questionable MTO at Wimbledon. But today, I've seen nothing done wrong.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts