Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you rank them?

Reactions: Master Yoda

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Del Potro was consistent, Gonzalez on the other hand was just another brainless hitter. Flat forehand, more mph = skill according to MTF.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why is Djokovic's forehand even mentioned with the other two?
I read some Faker fans saying that Djokovic's forehand was better than Federer's and Nadal's and Fedal are in the top 10 of all time when it comes to forehands. Was just wondering if anyone outside of his fanbase also thinks the same. Didn't want another Fedal vs Faker thread...so I used two other guys with good forehands for comparison.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I read some Faker fans saying that Djokovic's forehand was better than Federer's and Nadal's and Fedal are in the top 10 of all time when it comes to forehands. Was just wondering if anyone outside of his fanbase also thinks the same. Didn't want another Fedal vs Faker thread...so I used two other guys with good forehands for comparison.
Actually Djokovic's forehand is more versatile than both Nadal and Federer so in some way, yes it is better.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
In what way is his forehand more versatile?
Djokovic can hit his forehand at every height (notably shoulder height where Federer struggles) and with a different amount of spin if he wish, he can flatten it out at will as well as hitting it high and deep with a lot of spin.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Djokovic can hit his forehand at every height (notably shoulder height where Federer struggles) and with a different amount of spin if he wish, he can flatten it out at will as well as hitting it high and deep with a lot of spin.
You're telling me the winningest player in tennis history can't hit a shoulder high forehand, and can't hit different amounts of spin?

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Not as good and consistently as Djokovic, Federer deals better with shots below knee level, i give you that.
That has obv. something to do with the different grip they are using. It's also a lot easier for Fed to step into a shot with his FH and take it early.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Djokovic forehand maybe not be as flawless as those mentioned best forehands of all time but I sure do believed that Nole's forehand is as effective as theirs and that is what matters. As someone already said, Djokovic's is more versatile, he can hit on different ball height, forehand, down the line, inside out, he can do it all. On the other hand those best mentioned best forehand are 1 shot wonders.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Actually Djokovic's forehand is more versatile than both Nadal and Federer so in some way, yes it is better.

Did I actually see someone on here claim Djokovic has a better forehand than both Federer and Nadal?

As for the thread, Del Potro gets this one though Gonzalez when he was on was terrifying.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
One of the easiest questions ever asked: del Potro > Gonzalez > Djokovic

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
I agree, except it's Gonzo>Pony>Djokovic :p
Exactly.

But nevermind Lenders' extreme fanboyism. Del Potro's headband is covering Lenders' eyes, DelPo's left armpit is glued to his nose, and his hands are attracted - like flies to horsepoop - by Del Pony's hair on the back. And with all of that, Mark Lenders will still label himself as the ultimate 'unbiased analyst of the game'.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Gonzo's FH, very beautiful (actually, very, very, super very beautiful ;))...
Delpos, FH, very powerful ...
Nole's FH, very solid and contestant ... (let's not fool ourselves, Fed and Rafa have better FH than Nole, and I'm a Nole fan)

However, one shot does not define a player. You need to be 'very good' at everything :). I refuse to rank them in any way ...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts