Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
So you think Srdjan didn't say what the paper published , right? If that's the case we should expect him publicly crying fool soon, shouldn't we? I expect this interview to globally reverberate so he won't stay silent if he was mistranscripted...
I don't have the definitive proof, but knowing the crap I can reasonably assume that the editor in chief wouldn't object if the journalist added a thing or two, rearranged a thing or two, overstated a thing or two... anything that would make it reverberate in Serbia.
As for Srdjan, you build your expectation on the assumption that he cared how it will reverberate globally. I don't think he cares much about the global PR, do you?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Novak is a quite respectful person, how he has a dad like that is beyond comprehension. I always try to respect Novak and his achievement, well one more reason not to do so.

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
He would have the numbers. He would have the results. He's the most flexible, the most elastic player of all time. His extreme gets, sliding on hardcourts and still defending with the backhand, I mean, what can you do against that?

Big 3 all have their symbols and archetypes

The Maestro
The Bull
The Yogi

To say he has no X factor is false. How many FHs has he hit to save MP in slam SF and F vs Federer? And always shots that require serious guts and all or nothing lack of fear
He did that once. A passing shot isn't all or nothing lack of fear, you are literally asked to hit that shot.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I want to know what Nole thinks of this.

And then both of them wonder why Nole isnt loved like Fedal.

A word for Thiem. Dom won2 sets. If Nole gave those 2 sets then who is the losser?

Anyway this reminds me why Federer told this prick to be quiet once.
I dont hate his son, but genuinly hate this guy now.

·
justice for all
12,634 Posts
You all know I'm not a big fan of Uncle Toni.
But one thing I must give him - he always respects his nephew's rivals. I can't recall him shit talking Rafa's rivals. Mind games - is a different story, but no disrespect.
Now this crap from the bitter father of the Serbian player is on a different level of horse shit.

·
-Oracle-
2,063 Posts
This won't age well. Trust the oracle.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Fed called Nadal a one dimensional player and even laughs at the clay color hardcourt for Nadal this week. Fed doesn’t want anyone else to receive as much respect. Novak isn’t the one with annual fake sportsmanship awards given by greedy, attention-starved sycophants that love boasting about their Fed love. ESPN employees announce that Novak is not well liked. No wonder Novak dad is fired up.
"The last thing anyone needs is another Nadal on tour,"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Only Serbian posters on here can really tell us how Novak's dad comes across when he speaks, as translations into other languages and read in print doesn't really work, we non native Serbia speakers can only go on body language and media reports. So what do Serbs actually think about his dad's character when he talks ?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Serbians and Djokovic fans in general all need to get over this popularity shit, I'm sick to death of hearing about this all the time. First of all, Djokovic has more than enough fans world-wide. The only player who obviously has more is Federer, but that's pretty much it. Nadal might have slightly more (maybe), but whenever and wherever they play the crowd is never overwhelmingly for one player or the other. So at worst Djokovic is the third most popular male player... hardly a problem.

Now it is true that Western media have always fawned over Federer excessively, but that's another matter entirely.

I hate to say it, but constantly complaining about wanting to be liked or claiming that adequate respect has not been given to you is a chronic sign of an inferiority complex. Even if it were true, the only reasonable thing is to ignore it and move on. Results and actions speak for themselves. No need to whine and complain and argue. End of story.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
CaIm down, FedaIbots. Novak’s dad was a competitive athIete himseIf who reaIIy got the baII roIIing for his taIented son & just spewing some fiery BaIkan bIood, haiIing from a war ravaged country not much to b proud of. At Ieast he teIIs it straight up unIike a certain shady Tio who aIIegedIy does underhanded things behind the scenes to advance a certain CIaybot. Anyhow, Novak’s wise enough to reaIize tennis is contested out on the courts, not in tabIoids.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Serbians and Djokovic fans in general all need to get over this popularity shit, I'm sick to death of hearing about this all the time. First of all, Djokovic has more than enough fans world-wide. The only player who obviously has more is Federer, but that's pretty much it. Nadal might have slightly more (maybe), but whenever and wherever they play the crowd is never overwhelmingly for one player or the other. So at worst Djokovic is the third most popular male player... hardly a problem.

Now it is true that Western media have always fawned over Federer excessively, but that's another matter entirely.

I hate to say it, but constantly complaining about wanting to be liked or claiming that adequate respect has not been given to you is a chronic sign of an inferiority complex. Even if it were true, the only reasonable thing is to ignore it and move on. Results and actions speak for themselves. No need to whine and complain and argue. End of story.
Say in all honesty, how many serbian fans whine about popularity?! I think I saw more foreign fans of Novak bringing that up then us from Serbia. People from here are more like "we are not popular but up-yours".
"Oh, you can win everything but you will never be popular" is the mantra of the Fed Brigade. And it's becoming desperate.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Only Serbian posters on here can really tell us how Novak's dad comes across when he speaks, as translations into other languages and read in print doesn't really work, we non native Serbia speakers can only go on body language and media reports. So what do Serbs actually think about his dad's character when he talks ?
I'm Croat, but I don't think that Srdjan's remarks about other players are insulting, just overconfident and biased.

He's been reciting the same mantra for quite some time: "Federer and Nadal are great players, probably the greatest ever, but in the end Novak will be better from both".

Regarding the final vs Thiem, he explained that it was very difficult for him to watch the match and that he stopped watching it, aimlessly driving the car around the city for hour and a half, till the middle of the fourth set.

As the answer to the question about Novak's health problems and crisis in sets 2 & 3, he replied that he firmly believed it was all about Novak's game, not only with Thiem in this match but any other player anywhere.

Since this interview was held during the celebration in their restaurant I'm sure there was a lot of slivovitz shots (a dry plum brandy) circulating through his veins.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
As for Srdjan, you build your expectation on the assumption that he cared how it will reverberate globally. I don't think he cares much about the global PR, do you?
I wouldn't dare to guess what's happening inside his seemingly somewhat disturbed mind.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I wouldn't dare to guess what's happening inside his seemingly somewhat disturbed mind.
Frankly, your attitude is more disturbing to me then his. You give too much meaning to the sensationalist filth and let it rule your opinion.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Frankly, your attitude is more disturbing to me then his. You give too much meaning to the sensationalist filth and let it rule your opinion.
I'll give you a call when I need profesional help. In the meantime, please stick to analizing Novak, his family and the whole Balkan region's psique, it's on-topic and you sound amusing if not qualified.

41 - 60 of 220 Posts