Mens Tennis Forums banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
28,771 Posts
Your first post asserted that you've fully read and comprehended Srdjan Djokovic's interview in Serbian, published by Serbian yellow press. Turns out, you've only regurgitated the terrible translation of it, slapped the "nationalistic nonsense" label on it, and when challenged failed to produce any substance to your claims.
As of right now, we are still in the phase where you're resorting to name calling. Get over it already.
Please come back to reality. First off I retain the right to think overly patriotic speeches are bullshit. Secondly you have made no effort to provide a more accurate translation of what daddy djoko said, so I can't help but assume the translation isn't THAT off the mark. In fact you have presented no real counter-arguments in this thread at all, the only thing you HAVE said (apart from pointless snarky one-liners about others being clueless) is how Serbia was the target of "illegal NATO aggression" etc. I would advise you to visit a political forum instead as this has jack shit to do with tennis. It's like I said. You are the worst stereotypes of the Djokovic fandom personified. This isn't even a label. It's just the truth.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Please come back to reality. First off I retain the right to think overly patriotic speeches are bullshit. Secondly you have made no effort to provide a more accurate translation of what daddy djoko said, so I can't help but assume the translation isn't THAT off the mark. In fact you have presented no real counter-arguments in this thread at all, the only thing you HAVE said (apart from pointless snarky one-liners about others being clueless) is how Serbia was the target of "illegal NATO aggression" etc. I would advise you to visit a political forum instead as this has jack shit to do with tennis. It's like I said. You are the worst stereotypes of the Djokovic fandom personified. This isn't even a label. It's just the truth.
Sure, and I retain the right not to live in your reality where putting people in boxes and slapping labels seems to be the norm, where patriotism, tradition, upbringing or a simple historic context is looked down at, and where name calling is a quick and lazy way of dismissing something you literally know nothing about.

Again, you came to a non-tennis thread and dropped your lazy one liner "opinion" on Srdjan Djokovic's foreign language interview you don't even understand, have no understanding of the context, and clearly have no intent of understanding. When challenged, that shallowness quickly crumbles to pieces and you resort to name calling and more labeling. Pretty standard at this point.

And there is no need for a counter-argument from me. I wasn't the one calling anyone or anything "horrendous victim complex combined with the nationalistic nonsense".

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
You are the one who is trying to make it a political gibberish by pointing out overtly these things.

Afterall your hate for Novak,everybody knows about it.And you typify the typical idiotic mug sitting in the stadium who spouts nothing but vile and hatred towards Novak instead of showing some sportsman spirit.

It's only because of pro Federer moderators/stooges here,you continue to survive here.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I wouldn't take at face value anything written in a tabloid that has a history of fabricating statements and even whole interviews. At the very least, I'm sure that they have put a heavy spin on things and embellished some of his statements to sound more outrageous than they actually are when taken in context. In short, this interview wouldn't be admissible in a court of law...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fed was “genius” on clay too but he was steamrolled at the French Open. Certainly, he had the trophy gifted to him just because of physically weak Nadal and Novak.
When he fell down on “his fave Wimbledon” grass, Fed was shoved aside by Raonic. Roddick would’ve fallen down to gift his idol Fed the match.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Serbians and Djokovic fans in general all need to get over this popularity shit, I'm sick to death of hearing about this all the time. First of all, Djokovic has more than enough fans world-wide. The only player who obviously has more is Federer, but that's pretty much it. Nadal might have slightly more (maybe), but whenever and wherever they play the crowd is never overwhelmingly for one player or the other. So at worst Djokovic is the third most popular male player... hardly a problem.

Now it is true that Western media have always fawned over Federer excessively, but that's another matter entirely.

I hate to say it, but constantly complaining about wanting to be liked or claiming that adequate respect has not been given to you is a chronic sign of an inferiority complex. Even if it were true, the only reasonable thing is to ignore it and move on. Results and actions speak for themselves. No need to whine and complain and argue. End of story.
It's not the Serbians that go on about popularity. Every time I go on social media, especially Facebook, every time Djokovic is mentioned there are a ton of Roger and Rafa fans who keep writing comments like ' He may break records but he will never be as loved as Roger and Rafa'. Serbians are never the first ones to bring it up.

And I have noticed more and more of these type of comments as Novak gets closer to Federer's grand slam record.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Absolute nonsense . Rafa will win the french easy yet again .

Don’t think Thiem takes a set off Nadal if they meet at RG this year .
And what exactly do you base this on when the clay season is 3 months away? Just because he has won most years quite easily doesn't mean the same will happen this year. There's a first time for everything.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Lol, I can't tell who the bigger clown is, Djokovic or his father. When Novak retire in third place in the slam race we all are going to have a big laugh at these two silly serbs.

Novak and his father has been claiming for years he would take the slam lead yet he has NEVER been able to move out of third place. That isn't EVER going to change either. It must suck to spend your entire career in third place. No wonder they are so bitter. But even if somehow Novak was able to take the lead in the slam race(he won't of course) he still would never get the adulation he and his father so desperately want. Which only make it worse for them. The lesson in all of this? Don't worry about things you have no control over. Novak has had a great career. That will HAVE to been enough for him because he isn't going to get anymore than that.
You are the one that sounds bitter here and exactly like those 'fans' on Facebook who keep claiming that he will never be as loved as Roger and Rafa. Nice to see that you feel so threatened that 'love' is the only thing you have to cling to.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Just to repeat what I commented on Bakano's post in showcase, Srdjan is part intentionally diverting the hate to himsef, Mourinhno style and part being an asshole. There are many dissimilarities between his and Novak's behaviour. I think Novak has more of Dijana, but Srdjan comes out here and there. I have heard, firsthand, many cases of him and Novak having oposing views on a certain thing, with Srdjan holding the more radical viewpoint ofc. I personally don't like him and uncle Goran, they look like classic "new money", being pompous and acting like big bussinesmen, while they actually invest Novak's money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If Srdjan were the top player, he wouldn’t be ignoring injuries, train crashing into mental meltdowns, sacrificing his career with butt kissing Imaz and holding hands with Marko. Novak acted like a douchebag for awhile because he was worshipped for having so much more money than ever before. Certainly not neutral or serene like he claimed.

·
Registered
28,771 Posts
Sure, and I retain the right not to live in your reality where putting people in boxes and slapping labels seems to be the norm, where patriotism, tradition, upbringing or a simple historic context is looked down at, and where name calling is a quick and lazy way of dismissing something you literally know nothing about.

Again, you came to a non-tennis thread and dropped your lazy one liner "opinion" on Srdjan Djokovic's foreign language interview you don't even understand, have no understanding of the context, and clearly have no intent of understanding. When challenged, that shallowness quickly crumbles to pieces and you resort to name calling and more labeling. Pretty standard at this point.

And there is no need for a counter-argument from me. I wasn't the one calling anyone or anything "horrendous victim complex combined with the nationalistic nonsense".
Yet another post in which you say absolutely nothing of value and clarify/explain nothing. And yet I should trust your word that given a more proper translation, Sdrjan's statements would make more sense...? Yeah I just don't buy it, chief.

Btw -- excessive patriotism in the age of globalization will continue to be an outdated attitude and cause more conflict than harmony. This will hold true regardless of context, which is why I'm not interested in it.

You are the one who is trying to make it a political gibberish by pointing out overtly these things.

Afterall your hate for Novak,everybody knows about it.And you typify the typical idiotic mug sitting in the stadium who spouts nothing but vile and hatred towards Novak instead of showing some sportsman spirit.

It's only because of pro Federer moderators/stooges here,you continue to survive here.
Another nonsensical post born out of ignorance. Perhaps you're confusing me with other Fedtards. I respect Novak as a sportsman. I have never disliked him and I've never found his tennis annoying (very unlike how I feel towards for example Monfils and Nadal). IMO Novak's current playing style is a tad boring and his post-match celebrations are cringy but he's a worthy #1. His consistency is quite remarkable.

Now Novak's FANS however are a different story. It's amusing to me how in this thread, in many attempts to contradict me, you guys just confirm the stereotypes I mentioned.
Look, no one is out to get Novak. He's just not as internationally popular as Fedal, it's not that big a deal though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yet another post in which you say absolutely nothing of value and clarify/explain nothing. And yet I should trust your word that given a more proper translation, Sdrjan's statements would make more sense...? Yeah I just don't buy it, chief.
Plenty of value in that post for everyone that's able to see it, which you clearly aren't. Nobody is asking for anonymous' trust on a tennis forum. Instead go spend some time acquiring knowledge so that next time you don't look like a complete tool and don't feel like someone is always "out there to get ya".

Btw -- excessive patriotism in the age of globalization will continue to be an outdated attitude and cause more conflict than harmony. This will hold true regardless of context, which is why I'm not interested in it.
Yeah, try living in one of many countries absolutely devastated by the globalism and economic colonialism, and see if your opinion changes.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts