Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic's BH: Very reliable, never breaks down. Takes the ball early. One of the best Doudble-Handed backhand in the current tour

Wawrinka's BH : Some say greatest single handed back hand of all time. Very offensive single handed BH, but error prone some time. But when it is ON, it is most destructive and beautiful to watch.

Given a choice, which one will you choose? :wavey:

·
Registered
27,319 Posts
Wawrinka personally, but you it really depends on the rest of your game is going to supplement it. Wawrinka's backhand has more X factor and a genuine offensive weapon while Djokovic's is an insanely reliable brick wall. If you had a massive forehand like Federer for example you'd probably rather Djokovic's backhand. Ferrer for example would want Wawrinka's backhand probably.

·
Registered
645 Posts
hmmm... interesting choice of words. Wawrinka has one of the best single handed backhands EVER... and Djokovic has one of the best double handed backhands TODAY. im really not sure who had better backhand in history(single handed or double handed, doesnt matter) then Djokovic, so i guess that answer your question.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Depends on situation, if one's on the ball than I would definitively take Wawrinka's backhand. However, counterattacking stretching backhand or short ball, low backhand I would take Đoković's one.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Wawrinka personally, but you it really depends on the rest of your game is going to supplement it. Wawrinka's backhand has more X factor and a genuine offensive weapon while Djokovic's is an insanely reliable brick wall. If you had a massive forehand like Federer for example you'd probably rather Djokovic's backhand. Ferrer for example would want Wawrinka's backhand probably.
Pretty much this.

But if to choose for myself I'd still go for Wawrinka's backhand even though my personal game is forehand dominant with a super weak backhand.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Djokovic's does not take his backhand early

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Both are a bit overrated. Djokovic down-the-line backhand goes AWOL more often than not (it cost him a couple of matches against Nadal). And Stan's one is ridiculously inconsistent and error prone. Plus, we have to bear in mind that they both have a poor backhand slice technique.

I'll definitely go with Nalbandian's backhand.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Both are a bit overrated. Djokovic down-the-line backhand goes AWOL more often than not (it cost him a couple of matches against Nadal). And Stan's one is ridiculously inconsistent and error prone. Plus, we have to bear in mind that they both have a poor backhand slice technique.

Djokovic's does not take his backhand early
Djokovic's backhand is shit, not a bit aggresive.
:stupid: :facepalm:

Why are people so stupid and hate so mush here. I will never understand.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I personalty have OHBH and love it, so the choice is obvious.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts

Obviously but this thread clearly reads Djokovic's or Wawrinka's... No Nalbandian...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Neither has the best BH in their respective category (single and double handed BH).
Peak Nalbandian had a better 2H BH than Djoker and the same for peak Gasquet (not the pushing one he's become for the last few years) in term of 1H BH comparing to Wawa.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Neither has the best BH in their respective category (single and double handed BH).
Peak Nalbandian had a better 2H BH than Djoker and the same for peak Gasquet (not the pushing one he's become for the last few years) in term of 1H BH comparing to Wawa.
:facepalm: That is why Nalbandian and Gasquet won multiple slams each with their superior BHs. :haha:

I must ask again. Why are people so silly and hate so much here? Why?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
:facepalm: That is why Nalbandian and Gasquet won multiple slams each with their superior BHs. :haha:

Lol obviously, you seem to think that BH is the only shot that counts in tennis :worship:
So going by your logic, Karlovic doesn't have the best serve ever because he never won a Slam?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Wawrinka's lately, clearly. But Murray's is better than both.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts