Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting, probably reflect well the opinions of the djokovic camp. :devil:

Isareli Amit Naor, Djoko's agent (previously Safin's agent) is the commentator in Barcelona for an Israeli tennis channel.

The other commentator asked him about why Roger's mono was concealed from the public, he hesitated, and then said "We have no reason but to believe what we are told" and then when pressed, said he "doubt it/he is skeptic" given the difference between what happened to Ancic and what happened to Roger.

He then added -

"He's a lot more vulenrable, especially on clay. Yes, he had a good start to the season, but you'll see..."

Then he added "Roger is the guy on top, Rafa is the man to beat on clay, and Djokovic is the person to do it"

And then (and I choked) he mentioned how Nole bageled Murray "half-ill" and how the three guys on top they are 'on another level' than the rest of the tour.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Interesting, probably reflect well the opinions of the djokovic camp. :devil:

Isareli Amit Naor, Djoko's agent (previously Safin's agent) is the commentator in Barcelona for an Israeli tennis channel.

The other commentator asked him about why Roger's mono was concealed from the public, he hesitated, and then said "We have no reason but to believe what we are told" and then when pressed, said he "doubt it/he is skeptic" given the difference between what happened to Ancic and what happened to Roger.

He then added -

"He's a lot more vulenrable, especially on clay. Yes, he had a good start to the season, but you'll see..."

Then he added "Roger is the guy on top, Rafa is the man to beat on clay, and Djokovic is the person to do it"

And then (and I choked) he mentioned how Nole bageled Murray "half-ill" and how the three guys on top they are 'on another level' than the rest of the tour.
Yeah cos Djokovic's camp really has room to suggest other players overstate injuries or illnesses.

*clears sore throat*

What a pretty glass house he lives in.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
The Mono excuse really takes credit away from all the players that are beating him during his slump. Bunch of sore losers in the Federer camp

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Wow what a coincidence. I don't believe that Djokovic had a sore throat either! We skeptics should go out for lunch sometime.

Reactions: RagingLamb

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
This thread was designed to bring out all the 'tards.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who's that guy? No surprise Faker is surrounded by clowns like that.
Well, I don't know if I'd call him a clown, I believe he used to be ranked 245 in the world some, 15 or 20 years ago... As I said, used to be Safin's agent, and Nole's agent in the present.

I was happy to learn he was commentator, because I had hoped he would be asked about Nole's retirement :devil:

He's a good commentator, said great things about Rafa when he broadcasted his match (dismissed all the drugs rumors, said Rafa was big when he was 12 years old).

So, he's a good guy, but I don't like what he said, to say the least. Roger had earned everyone trust, more than the guy he happen to represent...

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
Well, I don't know if I'd call him a clown, I believe he used to be ranked 245 in the world some, 15 or 20 years ago... As I said, used to be Safin's agent, and Nole's agent in the present.

I was happy to learn he was commentator, because I had hoped he would be asked about Nole's retirement :devil:

He's a good commentator, said great things about Rafa when he broadcasted his match (dismissed all the drugs rumors, said Rafa was big when he was 12 years old).

So, he's a good guy, but I don't like what he said, to say the least. Roger had earned everyone trust, more than the guy he happen to represent...
This makes him anything but a good commentator mate. Everybody knows Nadal's name was on that list from the doping doctor in Spain. That's enough at least to make him a heavy suspect.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The Mono excuse really takes credit away from all the players that are beating him during his slump. Bunch of sore losers in the Federer camp
First off, I do BELIEVE roger. As bad as it must be to have this bug, FedFans have to admit it also serves as a convenient excuse as well.

Anytime Roger loses to someone unexpectedly, we hear about the mono.

When Roger is playing well, he's back to being 100%

Then the second he struggles again, it's back to the mono excuse.

Like I said, I do believe it's real. But people should also acknowledge that it's likely going to continue to be used to excuse away any loses the fans don't like as well- whether it's a valid excuse or not. And again, I'm not saying it's not valid, simply commenting on how something so bad can be turned to his favor as well.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
As if they'd beat him if he weren't ill... :rolleyes:
The Roddick, Murray and Djokovic losses were coming and way overdue. The only shocker was the loss to Fish which was more of a tank job rather "Mono illness".

If he was really ill, then how come he still managed to pull out some dominant wins??

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Djokovic's camp should carry out a survey on whether there are more sceptics revolving Federer's illness at AO or Djokovic's illness at Monte Carlo.

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
The Roddick, Murray and Djokovic losses were coming and way overdue. The only shocker was the loss to Fish which was more of a tank job rather "Mono illness".

If he was really ill, then how come he still managed to pull out some dominant wins??
Bullshit. He served for the first set against Faker down under and Roddick has no game to defeat him. Murray would be the only natural loss but even then, the match was close and in a MM tournament.

Beating mug Tipsarevic (aka Faker2) 10-8 in a fifth set is far from being a dominant win.

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
You guys get a tennis channel? Where's Canada's tennis channel? :mad:
never mind a channel. I'd love to even hear tennis results be reported somewhere. But unfortunately outside of the Roger's cup and some of the majors, we rarely see or hear anything about tennis.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts