Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rome 2015, Indian Wells 2015, Wimbledon 2014, Indian Wells 2014, WTF 2012

The last time Federer beat Djokovic in a masters final was in 2012 in Cincinnati (when he also bageled him in the 1st set)

Do you think Nole holds the mental advantage in that regard?

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Re: Djokovic won the last 6 important finals against Federer

Novak must save tennis from this collapse! Ajde!

·
6,482 Posts

Very well said.
Novak definitely has a mental edge, and Federer knows it.
The stage can't get any bigger on Sunday at the All England Club, and Federer is up against easily the best player so far this year.
All of that will count on Sunday.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts

it's well knows fact that Fed is mental mug. nothing new to found here. that's why i think even if he plays good match on sunday shattered mentality won't allow him to raise the trophy

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

It's actually 5 since Fed withdraw from that WTF match, but fair point. We'll see...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

Yes, and I'm afraid it will be seven soon. Level coming into the final is nearly irrelevant. Djokovic is simply better than Federer in important matches these days.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

Time for revenge. :sport:

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It's actually 5 since Fed withdraw from that WTF match, but fair point. We'll see...
Yeah you're right, will edit now

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

Hopefully djokovic doesn't hold the mental advantage.

If it just comes down to both players game play then federer will win obviously.

I would like to think that last years close defeat won't affect federer's mentality, he is playing superbly at this years wimbledon after all.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Ofc he does. He needs to come up with better forehands in the final though. :eek: Fed will be chasing after every ball and risk muscle injuries to win.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Especially monstrous performance on WTF 2014 final. Federer didn't win a single game.

Reactions: Chokehater

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

The only time Federer beat Djokovic in a masters final was in 2012 in Cincinnati (when he also bageled him in the 1st set)

This post deserves an unbiased response so here goes :devil:

I don't disagree that Djokovic has done well to win all these matches vs Fed(esp Wimbledon) but why is a final inherently more important than a SF? You can only get to a final if you win a SF. Not sure why Shanghai SF, Monte Carlo SF are less important than Rome F or Indian Wells F?

I don't think Djokovic holds a mental advantage....if anything I think mentally Fed always seems to have the edge..even last year Wimby Novak imploded in the 4th. Physically though he has a big advantage and nothing Fed has at this stage can compensate for that.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts

The only time Federer beat Djokovic in a masters final was in 2012 in Cincinnati (when he also bageled him in the 1st set)

No, Cincinnati 2009 too. :yeah:

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This post deserves an unbiased response so here goes :devil:

I don't disagree that Djokovic has done well to win all these matches vs Fed(esp Wimbledon) but why is a final inherently more important than a SF? You can only get to a final if you win a SF. Not sure why Shanghai SF, Monte Carlo SF are less important than Rome F or Indian Wells F?

I don't think Djokovic holds a mental advantage....if anything I think mentally Fed always seems to have the edge..even last year Wimby Novak imploded in the 4th. Physically though he has a big advantage and nothing Fed has at this stage can compensate for that.
Well I see your point but it's not the same. A final is a final. Djokovic won 16 slam semifinals. How many finals did he won? Only 8. So...here you go, it's not the same

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
17,633 Posts
Why is a final, the most critical stage of the tournament, more important than a semi-final?

Really?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Why is a final, the most critical stage of the tournament, more important than a semi-final?

Really?
Don't be daft. I'm talking in H2H terms.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts