Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Serbian news, Nole has been diagnosed with a rib muscle tear that will require 4 weeks of rest. This would mean he would pull out of Beijing and Shanghai.

Get well soon Nole:hug:!! Hopefully he'll be all right for Basel or Paris!

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://footfault.net/

"Doctors have found a tear in Djokovic’s intercostal (rib) muscle. According to physiotherapist Miljana Amanović, Nole will need at least 28 days, to be fully recovered."

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Poor Nole, what a Spartan though.

He'll be ready to kick Federer's ass in Basel if Federer still decides to play it again.

Ajdeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

He'll be ready to kick Federer's ass in Basel if Federer still decides to play it again.

Ajdeeeeeeeeeee
NO. Basel is one of the few GENUINELY FAST AND LOW BOUNCING SURFACES REMAINING. This = Federer victory. On top of this I assume Djokovic cannot do cardio work during the month he is recuperating so he will not be match sharp for his first tournament back which will be Basel. This = Federer victory. Book it.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
He did enough in this year and should probably slowly change focus to the next one. If he plays/wins anything in the remaining part, great, if not, doesn't matter much :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
This is what I was worried about. Serbian coach Obradovic should have played Troicki first on Sunday. Why sacrifice Nole?

Even if Nole won, Troicki or Tipsy would have had to play the 5th rubber and would probably have lost - based on their dismal performances on Friday. So now we have an injured Nole, for what? For nothing.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Too bad for him.

Not an injury you see a lot in tennis...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
NO. Basel is one of the few GENUINELY FAST AND LOW BOUNCING SURFACES REMAINING. This = Federer victory. On top of this I assume Djokovic cannot do cardio work during the month he is recuperating so he will not be match sharp for his first tournament back which will be Basel. This = Federer victory. Book it.
he already beat him there in 2009 but you are right that is the only way someone can beat him

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Sad news- not good for his preparation for WTF- if he won´t be ready to play Basel that means he will play only Paris Masters before WTF and after few weeks without matches, after injury i think he won´t have big chance to win there and play enough matches to be ready for WTF. But maybe he is faking this injury, just like he faked his loss to Del Potro, yes? all haters should be quiet now....

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

Ajdeeeeeeeeeee
I think Basel comes before Paris and YEC, therefore, why waste time there as it is a rather minor event? He should take more time to be fully recovered.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yet another blemish on his season. Although this looks better than the inevitable loss he undoubtedly would have suffered at these tournaments, healthy or not.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
He's played enough this year, no need to rush back in fact from one of these injuries it's hard to.

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Good that he gets to skip the Asian swing.

Sit at your home and have your way with Jelena Ristic, mate. You've earned it for sure.

See you in Paris, or maybe Basel.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Good bye Mac record :bigwave:

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.