Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
21,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MONACO -- Six-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic will take a break from tennis to treat his sore right wrist.

Djokovic says, "I cannot play tennis for some time. How long, I don't know."

Djokovic lost his Monte Carlo Masters title on Saturday after being beaten by Roger Federer in the semifinal, where Djokovic played with heavy strapping on his right wrist and was unable to serve or return to his usual level.

The second-ranked Serb had complained earlier this week about the pain, but then said it felt better after taking a day off from playing and training between his matches on Tuesday and Thursday.

His arduous quarterfinal win against Guillermo Garcia-Lopez on Friday, needing more than two hours to beat the Spaniard, aggravated the pain.
http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/10807619/novak-djokovic-taking-treat-sore-wrist

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: Djokovic will take a break to recover from his wrist injury

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

Poor Nole. :awww: Please take care man and come back stronger . And PLEASE don't play with a wrist injury like that again.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
9,116 Posts

Hopefully he won't miss Roland Garros.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

They underestimated this injury pretty badly. He should never have tried to defend his title.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts

Hopefully he won't miss Roland Garros.
Hopefully he does. I'm tired of him playing his best in masters and 500s and WTF's and then crapping out in slams due to fatigue (Wimbledon and USO 2013). Frankly he needs to learn a lesson already.

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts

Hopefully this is more a "skipping Madrid" break (which I kind of hoped he might do even if he won Monte Carlo) and not missing the entire clay season.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

They underestimated this injury pretty badly. He should never have tried to defend his title.
How can anyone underestimate the injury when nobody knows what's wrong?

Novak managed to win easily in his first two matches. It was a tough one when he faced GGL in QF and if he withdrew before his SF, I can't imagine what people with say here :lol: But if you take a look at the thread about Kei withdrew from Miami less than 3 weeks ago, you will have some idea ;)

1 - 20 of 208 Posts