Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic must win at Rome to maintain the winning momentum and to win French Open.
If he loses at Rome...there will be break in his momentum and he will eventually crash at French Open.

Good Luck Djoko !

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I believe Djokovic could be about to put together the greatest year in tennis history. He has peaked just right. And without Nadal to challenge he has an opportunity that hasn't been seen since FEDERER had the easiest period in the modern game 2003--2005. The major hurdle is of course THE FRENCH OPEN. If he were to win that. He would then be in SERIOUS CONTENTION. To do what no man has ever done.

WIN THE GRANDSLAM ON HARDCOURT, CLAY AND GRASS. And that would elevate him to GOAT status by the close of 2015. He is the only player of the so called BIG 4 who is playing better at 28 instead of declining. He is so far ahead in points. And if he even wins two of the remaining three grand slams this year the gap between him and the rest of the field will be ridiculous.

And FEDERERS 302 week record as world number one will be under threat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It won't mean anything. Last year he won Rome Masters, and lost comfortably to Nadal at French Open. Two years ago, in Madrid he lost in R3, and reached only QF in Rome. Two weeks later, he was closer than ever to win RG.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Djokovic historically has trouble against any version of Fed due to their matchup. If he loses tomorrow it doesn't mean so much since it's also best of three. If he loses in straights convincingly it could be worrying, however, if he loses a really tight three-set match he would leave with some positives.

In any case he will bring his best for RG and play with more drive than other tournaments as he knows this is the best chance he will ever have since he is in his prime.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
It won't mean anything. Last year he won Rome Masters, and lost comfortably to Nadal at French Open. Two years ago, in Madrid he lost in R3, and reached only QF in Rome. Two weeks later, he was closer than ever to win RG.
Still won a set thought. There is potential for Novak to win it.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Each tournament should be taken on it's own. RG is RG. Nadal will prove that soon enough.
That said, I'm hoping for a good match between Nadal and Djokovic.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Foolish prediction. Everyone else would have failed to win Rome too, except Federer. So does Federer winning today means he's 100% for winning RG? Please.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Disagree with OP. Winning Rome final does not affect No1e's chances to win RG at all.

Player knows they can't win everything all the time. "Momentum" is highly overrated here.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Disagree with OP. Winning Rome final does not affect No1e's chances to win RG at all.

Player knows they can't win everything all the time. "Momentum" is highly overrated here.
I think Novak will win today, but I agree with this.

Rome etc. make no difference to the results at RG, look at last year, for example.

Novak is the favourite for RG whatever happens today.

Momentum, and even form, are highly overrated.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Djokovic must win at Rome to maintain the winning momentum and to win French Open.
If he loses at Rome...there will be break in his momentum and he will eventually crash at French Open.

Good Luck Djoko !
Maybe that's what you want to see. But no. Personally, I think the title is in the bag for Nole but I wouldn't mind Murray losing early as he is probably the only one who might take a couple of sets off him

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
As Federer said who cares if i am favorite or not ? Cilic was not favorite but won USO,Wawrinka was not favorite but won AO. Djokovic was favorite in 2011 at FO against Fed but Fed beat him. So as Fed said WHO cares ?!

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
As Federer said who cares if i am favorite or not ? Cilic was not favorite but won USO,Wawrinka was not favorite but won AO. Djokovic was favorite in 2011 at FO against Fed but Fed beat him. So as Fed said WHO cares ?!
He was not the favorite though. He had not beaten Rafa at RG. Still hasn't. But unlike that year, Rafa is completely done on clay these days

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.