Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
He is in unbelievable condition.
All records? So he will get 8 wimbledons and 10 french opens.

You sure about that?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
haha come off it

I think Djokovic could have a fantastic late stage of his career but you might be getting a bitttt carried away. aiming to get up there in weeks at #1 rank and to possibly rack up some slams to be at the top tier are some goals though

at any rate he still has to fight to win this tournament obvs, not over yet

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Season-based records.
bit early to jump onto that train though, maybe if he wins RG it would make sense to start discussing possibly having the greatest season ever, after all we're not even really 1/2 of the way through

·
Banned
923 Posts
He hasn't even reached the RG final yet :spit:

Besides, I don't see Djokovic as caring too much about tennis after achieving all his goals. Plus he has a kid to worry about.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i'm sorry, but even reaching federer's slam total is pretty much out of reach. federer looked like he'd get at least 20 after winning Australia in 2010 and we've all seen what happened since. age is undefeated.

·
Banned
923 Posts
i'm sorry, but even reaching federer's slam total is pretty much out of reach. federer looked like he'd get at least 20 after winning Australia in 2010 and we've all seen what happened since. age is undefeated.
There's something even more difficult to overcome than age, and that's motivation.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Djokovic just made Federer GOAT for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
haha come off it

I think Djokovic could have a fantastic late stage of his career but you might be getting a bitttt carried away. aiming to get up there in weeks at #1 rank and to possibly rack up some slams to be at the top tier are some goals though

at any rate he still has to fight to win this tournament obvs, not over yet
Agreed. He will break a heap of records. But not Wimbledon Or French open. They stay with SAMPRAS/FEDERER. NADAL for ALLTIME...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Too early to say. Remember Fed is getting 20 slams and 18-19 which sampras predicted.

Age is a killer thing. He is 28.

The big hitters cum good movers are coming for him. (New revolution of tennis which kick ass)

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Because he defeated 2015 Nadal in Roland Garros to *potentially* join Federer and Nadal by winning the increasingly more meaningless Career Grand Slam and 9th Major?

·
Registered
645 Posts
i dont care about records. i want to see him finally lift that RG trophy. he may well retire after that, i wouldnt hold it against him

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Djokovic destroys Nadal at RG
Murray destroys Ferrer on clay
poor form Wawrinka beats Federer handily
poor form Tsonga reaches semis
worst overall RG for Spanish players
most of the players complaining about the balls(heavy, totally different than previous tournaments etc..)

And yet clueless fanboys continue to make inferences/conclusions off of matches played under RG conditions/balls that will likely not be present in the next several years... Brain is nowhere to be found on MTF...
I feel obligated to rein in the delusion

·
Registered
554 Posts
Djokovic just made Federer GOAT for the foreseeable future.
Yes, and the Old Man deserves it, not Nadal. I'd be perfectly happy if Djoker got his FO this year and added 3-5 GS titles. That would be just great. Because, past the age of 32 tennis can't be anything else but a pastime. There's family, kids, friends, leisure, beaches and love, not constant struggle to prove something.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts