Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not just was Carreno's shot down SP in by a CM, Djokovic's next at-net pass clipped the tape and stayed on his side.

I felt like Djokovic had quite some luck with the necessary margins going his way 2018 WB, 2019 WB, 2020 AO... that and the whole arrogance of his fanbase, I felt like something was coming back to him.

Something was bound to happen and interrupt the fairy-tale.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Good fortune balances out. Every tennis player has had things go for them and against them. I don't see the point of kicking others when they are down. It was Federer being kicked last last year, now it's Djoker. I suppose we have a number of childish posters on here, whose life seems to be determined by whether their favourite player has won or not. I can understand teenagers behaving like that, but not if you are 20 and above.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Makes it all the sweeter

·
Registered
112 Posts
To be fair, unless the ball that hit the net cord just dribbled over, PCB would have gotten there in plenty of time to make a good shot. He was already midcourt and moving forward as soon as he saw the ball hit the top of the tape, from what I see in the video Budadii provided.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yeah, it feels in retrospect like it was destined to happen.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Maybe he would have been Covid-DQed before the final as predicted.

Who really know what would have happened?

·
justice for all
17,665 Posts
Karma is a bitch. Is all I can say really.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Makes it all the sweeter
I had picked Thiem to get his first major here, even if he had to play Djoker. I honestly feel Djoker was never going to win this event. I would have preferred Thiem to beat one of the big 3 to get his first major, but a major is a major. I don't think gloating about Djoker's demise is worth while.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wish someone can do a super slow-mo enhanced blow-up of the first shot, since I think Hawkeye or whatever you call it missed that shot, since it appears to me to be 1 or 2 cm out.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts