Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Will Win This Battle?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic has another victim in sight in the 4th round. this time it is Canas.

Does Canas have a chance and why? thoughts? who gets your vote?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Canas only chance is that he gets everything back at Djokovic and that Djokovic has off day/night. Anything but Djokovic win would be huge surprise.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Canas only chance is that he gets everything back at Djokovic and that Djokovic has off day/night. Anything but Djokovic win would be huge surprise.

that is spot on. Canas has to play at the top of his abilities and djokovic has to have an off day.

now what are the chances of both of these events taking place? i would say relatively slim.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Canas really has no weapon's that can hurt Djokovic, all he can do is run every ball down and hope Djoke screws up.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Canas really has no weapon's that can hurt Djokovic, all he can do is run every ball down and hope Djoke screws up.

well Fed has every weapon under the sun and yet Canas had no trouble dispatching Fed back to back last year on these hard courts.

he can hurt you, as you say, with his ability to play smart, tactical, and high percentage tennis. Djokovic presents a few problems for him however.

Djokovic does not give up any ground and has finishing power off both wings. he is essentially to ready to move forward at any opportunity. he also takes it early. this takes time away from Canas.

its going to be a long day for Canas.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Djokovic in two. Really cannot see Canas pulling off a surprise win, but you never know, he beat Federer last year here....

Probably a scoreline like 6-4 6-3

·
Registered
618 Posts
What's to discuss?Last time I checked (Umag, I guess) , Canas was in poor form, just a shadow of a-last spring- Canas.Maybe he looks better now, but can't be that good to beat -this year- Djokovic when it really matters.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Djokovic should win, plain and simple. If he can't get to the semis from here, that would be the biggest upset of the tournament anyway.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Novak has to played much better than today to pass Canas.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Djokovic is on fire right now. Really, I was really impressed he just ran over Kohli. I think noone but Federer can stop him in this tourney.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
What's to discuss?Last time I checked (Umag, I guess) , Canas was in poor form, just a shadow of a-last spring- Canas.Maybe he looks better now, but can't be that good to beat -this year- Djokovic when it really matters.
Canas looked better last night than he has in a while but I still don't think he will beat Nole. But Willy was showing some shades of last spring yesterday- fantastic gets, some good dtl winners and pretty good serving. But Nole is very confident right now so I think this will be a comfortable win.

·
Registered
18,115 Posts
Novak has to played much better than today to pass Canas.
I don´t agree. Having seen both of them play last night it looks as if Canas really had some difficulties in closing the game early. I think that Djokovic really is a very dominant player at the moment. If he goes on playing like yesterday he will succeed.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts