Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I know, bruh. But what's the point to keep crying over that match. Live moves on and the show must go on...
But the show doesnt seem to go on. Federer hasnt played since January 30th and the injury seems to be even more severe than in 2016 also he’s 4 years older now. I was optimistic at First but after he announced that he’s going to have a second surgery I became more and more doubtful about his comeback. I know he already signed up for AO but I only believe it when I see him on court in his first round match. Deep down I have a feeling that we‘ll Never see him on court again...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
real tennis fans live their life through his/her hated player losing. hated player loss will enhance quality of life. if you don't become happy when your favorite wins or your hated player loses, you're not a true tennis fan.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
No surprise. First of all Vienna is obviously the superior tournament and secondly he should never again set a foot onto Parisian ground after the abomination called French Open final.

Reactions: TheGentlePlayer

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Djokovic striving for 311 will irritate Federer immensely. Adding more fuel to their already fiery ready.

Is it possible they both mask their massive hatred for each other with all the fake flowery talk?
What flowery talk? They barely mention each other, I believe that's the nicer they can say about the other: nothing.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I meant more mental than physical burnout. This year has been a tough one mentally for Djoker:
  • great start winning AO but had a mini meltdown and had to overcome a Dominic fightback in the final
  • COVID-19 hiatus and Wimbledon cancelletion
  • Adria Tour fiasco and its PR consequences
  • USO default
  • RG beatdown
  • effectively a lot of play since August and still no slam won
  • putting a lot of pressure on himself saying openly he targets Fed's record
I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but this year must have been pretty tiring mentally for him. We'll see.
He'll need to hug a whole rain forrest to overcome all that me thinks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fed played Rotterdam for the n1 in 2018. Now some fedfans are talking about novak playing Vienna? In my opinion, he don't need Vienna, he will break fed record in march anyway. And will equal Pete with 6 YE.

·
Registered
59,047 Posts
Can't blame him. Along with Slams, weeks at #1 is probably the most key stat in the GOAT debate, which he's clearly consciously chasing.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Fedal are the ones that keep talking about how great they are. They’re truly obsessed with comparing themselves to Djoker. Look how bitter they look. Hardly ever clapping for opponents’ genius shots. You have to force them to be good sportsmen in a trophy ceremony.
Djoker, although immature emotionally, is sweet natured and has a lot of humor. He has a game that most people want their kids to copy, even if they’re not as flexible. No one cares about salivating over Swiss Fake and his fake rivalries.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
ATP sabotaged their tour by keeping points from last year.
Yeah , but what can you do. In this unusual times and extraordinary schedule.

There lots of tournaments not being held.

Are you gonna take away all those points from the players ? keep some , lose some?

Think about fairness , to all . The best way is to win points and not losing them. No other way around it .

That's posting and not thinking mate

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fedal are the ones that keep talking about how great they are. They’re truly obsessed with comparing themselves to Djoker. Look how bitter they look. Hardly ever clapping for opponents’ genius shots. You have to force them to be good sportsmen in a trophy ceremony.
Djoker, although immature emotionally, is sweet natured and has a lot of humor. He has a game that most people want their kids to copy, even if they’re not as flexible. No one cares about salivating over Swiss Fake and his fake rivalries.
Fed rivalries are against Roddicks types. Fed spent 10 years without beating Rafa at a major and now more than 8 years without beating Novak. Rivalry is Rafa vs Novak.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good choice. He has already done more than enough at the Paris Masters. Five titles is an impressive achievement. The target is the ATP Finals. If he wins there and ties Federer's record then it will be a very positive end to this season full of highs and lows. It only shows the stupidity of the current ranking formula. It pays to play a smaller tournament where you didn't play last year rather than to try and defend the title won at masters event.

Maybe that announcement is a bait aimed at Rafa. With Djokovic and Federer out, there might be some chance for Nadal to finally win some big title indoors after 15 years. The more hard court tennis the bigger chances that Nadal's knees break down. Very cunning strategy. lol

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Still there's a good chance Rafa will skip Bercy as this event has not been a priority for him for many years now. The last time he played a complete Bercy and lost a match there was in 2015, when he lost to Wawrinka in QF.

Absent in 2016, walkover to Krajinovic in QF in 2017 (when Federer and Djokovic were absent), absent in 2018, and walkover to Shapovalov in SF in 2019. 2017 was his biggest chance to win Bercy by beating Krajinovic in QF, Isner in SF, and Sock in F, but Sock won it all that year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Still there's a good chance Rafa will skip Bercy as this event has not been a priority for him for many years now. The last time he played a complete Bercy and lost a match there was in 2015, when he lost to Wawrinka in QF.

Absent in 2016, walkover to Krajinovic in QF in 2017 (when Federer and Djokovic were absent), absent in 2018, and walkover to Shapovalov in SF in 2019. 2017 was his biggest chance to win Bercy by beating Krajinovic in QF, Isner in SF, and Sock in F, but Sock won it all that year.
If He Skips Bercy It Means He Will Call It A Season No Way He Will Go Directly Into ATP Finals Without Indoor Match Play

Reactions: Johnny Groove

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
No surprise. First of all Vienna is obviously the superior tournament and secondly he should never again set a foot onto Parisian ground after the abomination called French Open final.
if abomination was actually a thing to consider rafa shouldn't set a foot on melbourne ground again as well. or doha. or london.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
if abomination was actually a thing to consider rafa shouldn't set a foot on melbourne ground again as well. or doha. or london.
London? You mean the tournament where Djok gets routined by Angel and Thiem and even Fred lol

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
If He Skips Bercy It Means He Will Call It A Season No Way He Will Go Directly Into ATP Finals Without Indoor Match Play
That's a safe assumption. In the recent years, every time Rafa did not play Bercy, he did not play ATP Finals too, in that year. Every time he played Bercy, he played ATP finals too, that year. Rafa's decision on Bercy will give us a good indication where his mind is at, now.

Reactions: srk9425

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Deal.

·
Registered
16,882 Posts
If Djokovic is skipping Paris, Nadal might want to play. He has HUGE chance to win it for the first time and gain huge ranking points.
What kind of huge chance? Even Ferrer beat him there in 2013... whom he beat at the WTF that year or in 2015 in RR.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts