Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
This is the very top of the pro sport not some office workers we are talking about. And it's very arrogant to presume to know what's the "center of life" for someone you never even met. I mean I get the trolling and all, but it's starting to seem you're drinking your own kool-aid.
I sense raw nerve. Sorry.

Oh and call me next time you have lunch with Novak.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
You dont know what you are talking about. Its generally very sad to see people who invest so much energy hating people they dont know, just because they are main rivals of their idol. Being obssesed by things which dont have any influence on your life, only shows how empty your life must be. Sport is entertaiment and Rafa success or failures will not improve your or mine quality of life, so start acting like that and stop with this childish comments. Its pathetic.
LoL you seem quite pressed by what a anonymous guy you've never met with zero influence on your life says on an anonymous forum. Stop attempting armchair therapy and get a life yourself 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
What's the problem with Novak getting his energy from nature?

It's natural for people to compare them selves to others. Literally everyone does it every day. And if you think Federer and Nadal do not think about chasing records, then you are deluded.

It's clear you have a huge bias against anything Djokovic does. I never got people hating on someone for things which don't affect them at all.
THIS! Each of the big 3 want to set as many records as they can. To think otherwise, is denial.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LoL you seem quite pressed by what a anonymous guy you've never met with zero influence on your life says on an anonymous forum. Stop attempting armchair therapy and get a life yourself 🤷‍♂️
No. I come here to read about tennis and this shallow hatred comments derail it each time. Then there is no more substantial discussion, only childish ranting about someones charachter. I like the sport and always hope for interesting discussion and then you appear with your nonsense. People like you are the reason I am not here often anymore.

·
Registered
10,916 Posts
From math point of view ....

Extra points in Vienna can’t hurt no matter how many points he wins, but ....
Having in mind Rafa and Dominic are main and it seems the only competitors for No.1, if Novak plays and defends Paris title, he can deny the finalist 400 points, and SF’ist 640 points.

And I doubt that someone else can raise and stop them at Bercy. Slamrev is mentally broken for the time being, and Medvedev is in terrible form
Maybe Stefan if he snaps out and finally puts behind his Borna Coric fiasco ....

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
No. I come here to read about tennis and this shallow hatred comments derail it each time. Then there is no more substantial discussion, only childish ranting about someones charachter. I like the sport and always hope for interesting discussion and then you appear with your nonsense. People like you are the reason I am not here often anymore.
Your rants about what I do or don't is way more off-topic, shallow and unsubstantial than mine about current world's n.1 Tennis player. If you don't like it there is an IGNORE list or just shut the door behind you. Im not here to satisfy your childish, unmet in real life demands ffs, call your nanny.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
dude, it's getting tiresome tbh. cue in a djokovic thread and there will be the usual suspects trolling like their life and wellbeing depends on it, derailing and baiting nonstop.
how is this even allowed on GM these days i wonder?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
dude, it's getting tiresome tbh. cue in a djokovic thread and there will be the usual suspects trolling like their life and wellbeing depends on it, derailing and baiting nonstop.
how is this even allowed on GM these days i wonder?
Yet another off-topic rant ☝☝☝ from a frustrated Noletard uncapable of hearing a few truths.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
He knows that, after all these years of hard work and after RG final loss, he is still 3 slams short of Federer and Federer is not going to handover any of his records to him. He needs to snatch it from Federer. He does not want to miss out on the opportunity at any cost.

There's something for Rafa to learn from it; he throws away too many chances.

... Depends in what context you mean that comment.Nadal is 'head & shoulders' above Federer + Djokovic when it comes to maximising his grand slam tally because he's gone 13/13 in French Open finals whilst Federer has wasted a few Wimbledon finals and Djokovic likewise at the US OPEN.

... By failing a few times in finals at slams where their game is really tailored to it's set them back somewhat in the final count.They have only themselves to blame for losing a total of 4 finals at Wimbledon & 5 finals at the US OPEN respectively.

Fair play to Nadal for not giving anybody a single sniff (eg no final ever gone to 5 sets at the French Open against him) at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Djokovic striving for 311 will irritate Federer immensely. Adding more fuel to their already fiery ready.

Is it possible they both mask their massive hatred for each other with all the fake flowery talk?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
With such approach of „chasing the weeks at no1 record at any cost” - via vulturing extra ATP ranking points - he will burn himself out pretty quickly.
We’ve already seen the signs of it during RG: he fought hard only it the first part of the 3rd set - in the rest of the match he looked resigned and like he didn’t even believe he could pose any threat to Rafa.
...'Burn himself out' from what??... This truncated 2020 season actually helps Djokovic to move his pieces on the chessboard to get #311 & beyond as the crow flies in the quickest and most efficient way possible.

.. He hasn't undergone any grueling matches,nor a backlog of tournaments to burn him out.He's played a minimal amount of tennis this year and once he solidifies that 6th Year Ending Number 1 finish + Federer's milestone he can haul back a little if he wants.

Playing a small tournament in Vienna and then London to finish out the year isn't energy sapping at the slightest for Novak and he'll be primed immediately for a quick re-launch in 2021.

·
justice for all
15,238 Posts
...'Burn himself out' from what??... This truncated 2020 season actually helps Djokovic to move his pieces on the chessboard to get #311 & beyond as the crow flies in the quickest and most efficient way possible.

.. He hasn't undergone any grueling matches,nor a backlog of tournaments to burn him out.He's played a minimal amount of tennis this year and once he solidifies that 6th Year Ending Number 1 finish + Federer's milestone he can haul back a little if he wants.

Playing a small tournament in Vienna and then London to finish out the year isn't energy sapping at the slightest for Novak and he'll be primed immediately for a quick re-launch in 2021.
I meant more mental than physical burnout. This year has been a tough one mentally for Djoker:
  • great start winning AO but had a mini meltdown and had to overcome a Dominic fightback in the final
  • COVID-19 hiatus and Wimbledon cancelletion
  • Adria Tour fiasco and its PR consequences
  • USO default
  • RG beatdown
  • effectively a lot of play since August and still no slam won
  • putting a lot of pressure on himself saying openly he targets Fed's record
I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but this year must have been pretty tiring mentally for him. We'll see.

·
Registered
10,916 Posts

Yeap ... exactly.

By playing Vienna and skipping Paris, if something he might be undercooked for WTF since there are full two weeks between Vienna and London

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I meant more mental than physical burnout. This year has been a tough one mentally for Djoker:
  • great start winning AO but had a mini meltdown and had to overcome a Dominic fightback in the final
  • COVID-19 hiatus and Wimbledon cancelletion
  • Adria Tour fiasco and its PR consequences
  • USO default
  • RG beatdown
  • effectively a lot of play since August and still no slam won
  • putting a lot of pressure on himself saying openly he targets Fed's record
I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but this year must have been pretty tiring mentally for him. We'll see.
Still won 2 masters... it’s a lot harder for federer, who’s sitting at home and watching all his records getting eclipsed 1 by 1 knowing that one decent shot at 8:7 40:15 could‘ve prevented all that. Both the slam record and Novak’s weeks at #1

·
justice for all
15,238 Posts
Still won 2 masters... it’s a lot harder for federer, who’s sitting at home and watching all his records getting eclipsed 1 by 1 knowing that one decent shot at 8:7 40:15 could‘ve prevented all that. Both the slam record and Novak’s weeks at #1
I know, bruh. But what's the point to keep crying over that match. Live moves on and the show must go on...

41 - 60 of 111 Posts