Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rest of the tour should be scared. Nothing is more frightening than a fully motivated Djokovic.

“I think in order to have a chance and have a go for the historic number one I am going to try to do everything possible this season and next season maximum,” Djokovic said in front of ecstatic Serbian fans at Melbourne Park.

“That is what I can devote in terms of time and energy towards accomplishing that goal.”

“I guess they are coming to an age where I really want to spend time with them and be the best possible father, and not be on the road all the time,” he said.

“I am coming closer to the stage where I have to adjust to that. I have to probably play less.”

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ha? Federer is not retired yet, and old man is determined to win another! Even if he wins 2 slams per year, which is generous to say, he'll only be tied with the current record

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Be careful not to end up like Serena, who used to openly talk about her goal to pass Margaret Court but had to soften the tone when she started to play rubbish finals

·
Registered
887 Posts
He doesn’t want his kids on the road.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I'm happy he said that although most of us knew. I'm happy that he's going to give it his maximum at the big stages so when he eventually retires he can do it without the ever lingering question 'what if I gave it my all?'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts