Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
49,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. Dimitrov was in here earlier talking about racquet changes. Rafa changed his racquet, too. I wonder if you have had to change yours in the past few years?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Only aesthetics. Only the color of the racquet has changed. Dimensions or any other specific parameters of the racquet haven't been changed.
I don't want to make any complications with my racquet because that's obviously the most important tool I have on the court.

Q. What can push a player to change in the middle of a season?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I remember when I have changed from Wilson to Head. I think was back in 2009. It wasn't easy decision because it took me I think more than a year to actually find the proper racquet that I play with today.
I think back in 2010, for the clay court season, I found the racquet that I'm playing with today. So it took me over a year to really get used to it, find what is suitable to my style of the game, to my likings. But everybody's different.
What can push a player to change the racquet? I think it's lack of confidence, lack of matches won. When you don't feel comfortable on the court, that's when you start to question not just your game, but your racquet, the people around you. Sometimes you're finding too many excuses.
But generally it's not an easy decision to make. You need to be courageous to change the racquet really.
But when you are changing racquets, you must be 100% confident that that's the right decision to do because then you start mentally to play around with yourself, if that's the right decision or not. That's something that is a challenge for a player who changes.
Where is YodaKnowsBest? The shade and mind games are heavy with this one they are.

This is smart from Nole to begin the mind games EARLY in the clay season, it shows he is really committed to RG success

·
Registered
11,134 Posts
:superlol: In before angry Dulltards.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Nothing unusual from Jokervic!

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I remember when I have changed from Wilson to Head. I think was back in 2009. It wasn't easy decision because it took me I think more than a year to actually find the proper racquet that I play with today.
Someone remind Nole that Rafa's new racquet is made by Babolat too and Rafa is still with Babolat.

Yeah yeah, you change from Wilson to Head, and you move from Serbia to Monte Carlo; while Rafa is still in Mollorca. It's called staying loyal; some people/players don't get it.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
ehhhhh to some degree true, to some degree not. I don't know if Federer, for example, had a confidence problem when he changed his racket to the bigger frame. its just the reality is if you've used the same racquet or the same sized racquet for the better part of a decade then sometimes the game moves on, or you change game wise, and in turn your tool/weapon needs to change.

like many have already discussed though in this case its not as if Nadal's racquet probably has been changed much at all

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Someone remind Nole that Rafa's new racquet is made by Babolat too and Rafa is still with Babolat.

Yeah yeah, you change from Wilson to Head, and you move from Serbia to Monte Carlo; while Rafa is still in Mollorca. It's called staying loyal; some people/players don't get it.
What does any of that have to do with what Djokovic said? He used Wilson to Head example because that was his own experience. The larger point is about racquet changes in general. Even if it's still the same brand it could have a big impact (like Federer's racquet switch a while ago).

And he's mostly right. Player's wouldn't mess around with a winning formula. Switching racquets is a sign that something is going wrong. It may be a good decision to change, for sure, as it probably was for Federer, but it still indicates that something is wrong to begin with.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
:superlol: In before angry Dulltards.
:spit:

This will be beautiful to watch.

Nole is right, for once no PR crap, saying as it is, right into the face of dull - "you're scared and insecure little fucker and I am coming to kick your ass". Love it! :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
You clowns he's right. Even nadal has admitted he has confidence problem as for excuses part he's probably talking from personal experience from back in 2010 when he changed his racquet and experienced difficulties, if not it was a good shade :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,478 Posts
Where is YodaKnowsBest? The shade and mind games are heavy with this one they are.

This is smart from Nole to begin the mind games EARLY in the clay season, it shows he is really committed to RG success
Lol, he's answering the question they asked him and talking from his own experience. No surprise that a Nadal fan would try to spin it though. :lol:

·
Registered
943 Posts
"Sometimes you're finding too many excuses."
SARS? Bird flu?

The irony :spit:

Reactions: timafi

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
Awwww Djoko God is offending Na dull and his fans. :sad: :sad :sad:

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Not at all. We all know Rafa is having some confidence problems. He has said,Tio also its not new.

What is new is Nole trying to play mindgames. Guess he must be worried about something.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nadal has been playing mind games his whole career. Constantly insists that his opponent is the favourite, putting all the pressure on them. So I wouldn't be talking about mind games if I was a Nadaltard.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts