Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
845 Posts
"newly-found confidence" just doesn't fit. i don't think he didn't believe in himself during the federer-match, heck, i don't even think he was doubting his skills when he came on tour as a teen. this guy, like it or not, has by far the highest self esteem out of the whole top 50. he's as confident as they come. and if you read his interviews back in the days when he won umag or the other mm tournaments, you'll notice that a lack of self-confidence has never been his problem. your statement on the other hand implies that by winning his first slam he finally has the mental power to progress. well, this trophy has done little to him as it was hardly possible to bump his ego any more.
Yes :cool:

He always have a new things to do. And he is really going step by step. After coming into top 10 (and wining some small tournaments)
he did next results:
1. final of AMS :)
2. beat Nadal & AMS title :D
3. SF's of slams ;)
4. beat Federer in AMS final :angel:
5. slam final :cool:
6. beat Federer in slam & maiden slam :worship:

All of this things gave him a new level of confidence.
Next things to do:
1. Beat Nadal on clay
2. Beat Nadal on slam
3. Beat Roger on slam final

For all of this things he needs to really try, and every time hi did that's new step to his lifetime goal NO 1.

At least hi didn't create a beast yet :devil:

· Registered
845 Posts
i didn't say he was elite. if he wants to get there though he has to have the mentality he is displaying(thinking & knowing he can beat everyone).

i agree the Federer should still beat him most of the times. As for Nadal, i think he'll have problems beating Novak anytime/anywhere( not saying Rafa can't do it, but for sure no "thumpings").
I am pretty sure there will be no "thumpings" from Federer neither.From now on will be always close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.