Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Stefan 2034
929 Posts
I can't wait for someone to come in and call him arrogant. :hearts:

I like this newly-found confidence he has. He has a great opportunity to do big things this year and I hope he does.

· Stefan 2034
929 Posts
"newly-found confidence" just doesn't fit. i don't think he didn't believe in himself during the federer-match, heck, i don't even think he was doubting his skills when he came on tour as a teen. this guy, like it or not, has by far the highest self esteem out of the whole top 50. he's as confident as they come. and if you read his interviews back in the days when he won umag or the other mm tournaments, you'll notice that a lack of self-confidence has never been his problem. your statement on the other hand implies that by winning his first slam he finally has the mental power to progress. well, this trophy has done little to him as it was hardly possible to bump his ego any more.
I agree, maybe that wasn't the right word.

But he is more confident now then before, now he really feels he belongs. I don't think he would just say that he feels more confident because he likes hearing himself talk, I think he truly feels more confident about his game and about his career. No need for you to laugh at me for liking what he said in his interview.

· Stefan 2034
929 Posts
yeah, sorry about that, i didn't mean to offend you. :)

it's just that i didn't see you around here a lot so i thought you might be one of the nole-fanboys that showed up right after the final and dump a bunch of posts about their new hero.

well, your join date should've given me some hint, i guess. :eek:

never mind. :wavey:
I post more on WTAWorld, but when things are slow I like to come over here. :lol:

I am glad that the majority of the people in here see that his attitude now is the attitude it takes if he wants to achieve his goals. I was expecting a flood of posts about how arrogant he was and maybe even a reference or two to his mother (which was kindly and expectedly provided by Tnn74). :tape: If he wasn't saying things like this, I would be worried. This victory should give him heaps and heaps of confidence and I am glad that it has. I am eagerly awaiting what is in store for Nole the rest of the season.

· Stefan 2034
929 Posts
I am pretty sure there will be no "thumpings" from Federer neither.From now on will be always close.
I am sure that when Federer has a good day and Nole has an off day, we will be seeing a few thumpings. :lol: Even Nadal, who has a healthy lead in the head-to-head with Federer, has endured a few thumpings in his day. ;)

· Stefan 2034
929 Posts
It's more of Djoko's parents being arrogant. Djoko isn't really arrogant persay. He is confident in his abilities but overall he respects his opponents. Some things he said are a turn off though. (I was in control of the match; Federer is going down, etc.)
The "I was in control of the match" bit was bad, I will admit. :eek: We will throw that one away to being so young. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.