Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I guess with all the drama in this match, perhaps this small bit was missed but really what was the deal with Djokovic for the past 2 days? Did the pressure of getting the NCYGS get to him? Reacting like this over a time violation?

Apparently he managed to convince the umpire to remove the shot clock in the last set as well, although as you would expect Thiem nodded in agreement. Trying to gain an advantage whenever possible. Pretty bad behaviour from him all around, maybe it’s something personal as well because even for him his behaviour was a bit uncharacteristic.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
Pretty sure it was the pressure. It does weird things to people. He did not handle it well amid the delays, on top of that there was the organizers' incompetence. But it's over now, I expect him to be back to his usual self soon.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Let's face it..The umpiring was terrible..the ball was out like 6 mm and it was called in @ deuce,2-4 down..it was such a crucial time..

On the top of it he wanted to be a hero by calling out for shot clock time out..

·
Premium Member
21,077 Posts

I guess with all the drama in this match, perhaps this small bit was missed but really what was the deal with Djokovic for the past 2 days? Did the pressure of getting the NCYGS get to him? Reacting like this over a time violation?
Novak and RG have a "special" kind of relationship. I thought it will be different after he finally had won one, but apparently not. :lol:

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Novak and RG have a "special" kind of relationship. I thought it will be different after he finally had won one, but apparently not. :lol:
Yeah even last year he took it pretty badly, he doesn’t react like this in any other tournament. Maybe the tournament reminds him of his most painful defeats and even winning it once hasn’t been enough to cure those scars. He always feel pressurised to win RG. Could be DGCS if he cares about this stat. I think at this point none of the big 3 will pull it off :lol:

Maybe he should pull a Federer and skip RG, would be better for his mental health :grin2:

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
He should definitely do a Federer in the foreseeable future and skip clay, perhaps even vulture a challenger or two on hard during the clay season.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

Apparently he managed to convince the umpire to remove the shot clock in the last set as well, although as you would expect Thiem nodded in agreement. Trying to gain an advantage whenever possible. Pretty bad behaviour from him all around, maybe it’s something personal as well because even for him his behaviour was a bit uncharacteristic.
Considering the fact that Novak walked off the court without talking to Thiem or even the umpire and seemed to be doing whatever he wanted, these bits got lost in the shuffle but you're right that it was bizarre.

I can only imagine if Nadal had gotten rid of the clock (thousands of posts here, minimum) or Federer had told the umpire something like that (who does Federer think he is?) what we'd be hearing FOREVER about how arrogant the 2 guys are and how they get away with everything because they run the sport etc.

So next time we hear another 'Nolefam' conspiracy theory about Fedal, let's bump this please.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Thats the misconception. He has a RG trophy and he beat Andy. But he didnt beat the king of clay.

So in his eyes he knows he hasnt won RG until he beast Rafa and wins that title.
Just a few days ago he said he had good memories of RG.

I was wondering which ones.
Loosing to Fed in 2011 ending his match streak.
The net touch which cost him.
The double fault to end the other Final.
When he finally beat Rafa he lost to Stan.

I think there is a connection between Rafa and Nole and AO and RG.
Rafa has so many bad situations i AO. Nole in RG.

iTS LIFE

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Considering everything from the Pepe nonsense to the latest ranting, at the end of the day Djokovic is not what you would call a stable personality. Nadal's OCD and bottle arranging and ass picking puts him in the same category. Fed is the only one of the Big 3 you would call remotely normal, if we excuse the Eiffel Tower-sized ego.

·
Registered
217 Posts
in the last set you heard him say very loud 'bitschgu matter' (wrong spelling) which means son of bitch in serbian. I don't know if he said it to the umpire. but it was after a close out-call.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Thats the misconception. He has a RG trophy and he beat Andy. But he didnt beat the king of clay.

So in his eyes he knows he hasnt won RG until he beast Rafa and wins that title.

I was wondering which ones.
Loosing to Fed in 2011 ending his match streak.
The net touch which cost him.
The double fault to end the other Final.
When he finally beat Rafa he lost to Stan.

I think there is a connection between Rafa and Nole and AO and RG.
Rafa has so many bad situations i AO. Nole in RG.

iTS LIFE
He straight-setted Nadal at Chatrier. :shrug:
How many players did that?

·
Premium Member
21,077 Posts

Well, even in 2016 it wasn't exactly smooth sailing, played a poor match in difficult conditions against RBA, then was a set down against Andy who almost run away with the match.

in the last set you heard him say very loud 'bitschgu matter' (wrong spelling) which means son of bitch in serbian. I don't know if he said it to the umpire. but it was after a close out-call.
More like "motherf****r" and we say that all the time, so I wouldn't read into that too much. :lol:

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Well, even in 2016 it wasn't exactly smooth sailing, played a poor match in difficult conditions against RBA, then was a set down against Andy who almost run away with the match.
He has had some bad lucj, just like Rafa in AO.

But even though he didnt drop a set. It didnt look so dominat as in others.
Maybe he was right, maybe he wasnt. But it left a bad image of him this weekend

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
He straight-setted Nadal at Chatrier. :shrug:
How many players did that?
The other 2 and stan would of done the same that year. No excuses here. But that Rafa was recovering from various injuries and was never in shape to defend whatever clay tournament he played.

But he thought after beating Rafa it was his to win. The disapointment was huge.

Just because you beat Rafa in PC doesnt mean you win a title. Tell that to Soderling

1 - 20 of 53 Posts