Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak Djokovic believes he is capable of matching the highs of last season as he faces up to a massive year.

2011 was a breakthrough year for the 24-year-old which saw him collect the Wimbledon and US Open titles as well as the Australian title and is understandably full of confidence. People looking at the tennis betting should remember this.

His form over the last season has prompted him to believe he can indeed win all this year's grand slams along with the Olympic gold in London.

"All the grand slams and Olympic Games, they are my priorities," said Djokovic. "Obviously, Roland Garros is the one to win this year. I have to stay optimistic. I have to believe in what I do and believe in my abilities and that I can win on all surfaces.

"I think everything is possible."

If the Serbian is to complete his mammoth task, he will have to break his Roland Garros duck by winning the French Open, Djokovic went down to Roger Federer in the semi-finals in Paris last May. Those following the Grand Slam betting need to bear this in mind.

Nadal is the defending champion and having won six of the last seven French titles, he is most certainly the man to beat. The pair's final in the Melbourne lasted nearly six hours and Djokovic says he is proud to have been part of such an historic encounter.

"It's been the most exciting match of my life," reflected Djokovic "We went the distance of six hours, made history".

1 - 1 of 1 Posts