Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to bookies. :superlol::superlol::superlol:

Federer will win Wimbledon. This is easy money, just like I put money on Wawrinka in Paris I will do the same for Federer. Too bad I dont have much to spend, because I booked a vacation to Italy.

Put your money on Federer now and thank me later. The odds will drastically drop tomorrow after that its not worth betting on the veteran. :yeah:

Federer will routine Murray. I would say it's a 50/50 now between Wawrinka and Djokovic to make the finals, either way Federer is going to win. Both Djokovic and Wawrinka will be gassed out, to be honest I think Wawrinka would lose anyway.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
depends how Murray's shoulder is ... it seems to me his shoulder injury is serious. he was not serving that great today even though he beat karlovic fairly routinely

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
You can never underestimate the power of egg. Pushkovic played pretty shitty in the semifinal last year against Divatrov, but Eggovic showed up in the final, servebotting and pushing out of the world.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nole is a slow starter .... he could very well start tomorrow's match by going down a break of serve. Though he should probably survive this guy and reach the semis at least

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can never underestimate the power of egg. Pushkovic played pretty shitty in the semifinal last year against Divatrov, but Eggovic showed up in the final, servebotting and pushing out of the world.
Djokovic has never won a tournament when forced to play consecutives days in a best of 5. Federer is garanteed to win Wimbledon. Easy money!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
depends how Murray's shoulder is ... it seems to me his shoulder injury is serious. he was not serving that great today even though he beat karlovic fairly routinely
Based on my observation Murray is excellently fine. He was not serving at full speed today, which was exactly his tactic. Both he and Karlovic knew that Murray's second serve is weak and Karlovic will try to attack whenever he has a chance to return second serve. So Murray's tactic was simply trying to avoid second serves. Look at the stats from Murray 74% first serve in (which was way too high for his standard) 62 winners and only 9 UEs, 20+ passing shots, pretty impressive.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Based on my observation Murray is excellently fine. He was not serving at full speed today, which was exactly his tactic. Both he and Karlovic knew that Murray's second serve is weak and Karlovic will try to attack whenever he has a chance to return second serve. Look at the stats from Murray 74% first serve in (which was way too high for him) 62 winners and only 9 UEs, 20+ passing shots, pretty impressive.
The truth is Murray' serve is gone after his back surgery. He has a great ROS and Karlovic is not the best mover on the game or with best ROS but Dr Ivo had a lot of chances to break Murray'serve.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
djokovic will play everyday until sunday

hahaha troll

how is he going to win if he play everyday?
:confused:
Assuming he makes it to the final he will be playing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, i.e. no play on Thursday and Saturday. Unless you're implying that all of those matches are going to go unfinished like the match today.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Djokovic has never won a tournament when forced to play consecutives days in a best of 5. Federer is garanteed to win Wimbledon. Easy money!
I bet Federer to win Wimbledon three weeks ago at 11.00 That's when you do it. Not at QF stage when the odds are less than half that.

Now I oppose Federer over the next three matches. He loses I make a profit. He wins Wimbledon I make an even bigger profit. That said its no given he is winning this whole thing. He hasn't played anyone yet.

The test starts tomorrow. In my opinion. Simon who is playing the best tennis I've seen him play will if not beat Federer. Certainly tire him out, and remind his bones how old they're. Then I expect Murray to beat him in 4. Honestly you're all going on about Murrays serve. It's not a factor against Federer.

If it wasn't a factor against Karlovic, forget it. Where Murray beats Federer is around the court. He will make him earn his points. Mugs like Agut were no test for Federer. And actually false indicators of where his form is really at.

Murray has overcome his hardest test at Wimbledon. My prediction is Murray takes grandad in 4. And wins his 2nd Wimbledon. It's destiny written in the stars. He is due his third slam. And it comes here.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
:confused:
Assuming he makes it to the final he will be playing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, i.e. no play on Thursday and Saturday. Unless you're implying that all of those matches are going to go unfinished like the match today.
yes for his bad luck i half expect this will happen.

Its going 5 sets for rest of his matches if he wants to win the title.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I bet Federer to win Wimbledon three weeks ago at 11.00 That's when you do it. Not at QF stage when the odds are less than half that.

Now I oppose Federer over the next three matches. He loses I make a profit. He wins Wimbledon I make an even bigger profit. That said its no given he is winning this whole thing. He hasn't played anyone yet.

The test starts tomorrow. In my opinion. Simon who is playing the best tennis I've seen him play will if not beat Federer. Certainly tire him out, and remind his bones how old they're. Then I expect Murray to beat him in 4. Honestly you're all going on about Murrays serve. It's not a factor against Federer.

If it wasn't a factor against Karlovic, forget it. Where Murray beats Federer is around the court. He will make him earn his points. Mugs like Agut were no test for Federer. And actually false indicators of where his form is really at.

Murray has overcome his hardest test at Wimbledon. My prediction is Murray takes grandad in 4. And wins his 2nd Wimbledon. It's destiny written in the stars. He is due his third slam. And it comes here.
You prayed for Nadal, bet on federer, and are predicting murray. But my question is why bet on federer if you were so certain he'd lose to Nadal, as seen in your now famous post in the uncle Toni rafa can win wimbledon thread?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
You prayed for Nadal, bet on federer, and are predicting murray. But my question is why bet on federer if you were so certain he'd lose to Nadal, as seen in your now famous post in the uncle Toni rafa can win wimbledon thread?
I cover myself. Remember although it's unlikely Federer will win here. A miracle and some luck could happen to Federer. And he could somehow win it.

I bet on FEDERER, NADAL, WAWRINKA & MURRAY. Three weeks ago. I didn't bet on Novak. So if he somehow wins his 9th slam. I will lose a bit of money. But if any of my three remaining bets win I make a profit. Particularly on Federer and Wawrinka.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Novak still has a good chance here, there's no 5th set tiebreak so I expect him to beat Anderson unless he fucks up and starts slowly. Cilic could be a big hurdle (he led 2-1 last year IIRC) but Novak is 12-0 against him for a reason. SF will be Gasquet IMO (he's better on grass than Stan) who's a good match-up for Novak.

Fed could win if he gets hot on his serve for the remaining matches but if it goes to 5 sets with either Novak or Murray I don't see him winning, he'll run out of gas. The Simon match will show if he's up to taking on Murray.

Murray doesn't serve as well as he used to (not just against Ivo) and his level hasn't been that consistent this tourney (some brilliant stuff followed by bad patches) but as long as he gets to the final he's in for a good shot because of the crowd factor, especially if he faces Novak there (who can be really rattled by it).

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Obviously he's the favourite... Playing back to back days is not a problem for Novak who's the fittest player of the tour... No surprise here, the guy is a beast physically.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Obviously he's the favourite... Playing back to back days is not a problem for Novak who's the fittest player of the tour... No surprise here, the guy is a beast physically.
He's one of the fittest on tour for sure. But I think he's shown signs of weakness in that regard. US Open last year the RG final this year show he is a mortal.

In terms of overall fitness I think Nishikori displayed some amazing stamina and fitness in the US Open last year. Stan is under rated in this regard but generally Stan can keep up with Djokovic in long matches. Of course Nadal in his pomp was just about the fittest in our sport.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Federer will win Wimbledon. This is easy money, just like I put money on Wawrinka in Paris I will do the same for Federer. Too bad I dont have much to spend, because I booked a vacation to Italy.
Sure you did :lol: But good to see LOLE's roast on RG final has humbled you out, some posters here could follow your example.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts