Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,366 Posts
Few players have become fathers while they were still around their best, so most of folks were basing the assumption on invalid stats. :)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Decreases your testosterone levels, right? That is a scientific fact. I do not know however, if it is a statistical avarage that does not apply to every male.

·
Your visions will happen
48,648 Posts
Decreases your testosterone levels, right? That is a scientific fact. I do not know however, if it is a statistical avarage that does not apply to every male.
The problem with studies like that is that it does not take into account that most males after having kids naturally do not exercise as much as when they were single, which, on average, looks like testosterone is decreasing

Djokovic should have no problems with that as he is in his physical prime

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
If he doesn't win RG then expect that quote about tennis not being his number 1 priority to come back with avengeance.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
The problem with studies like that is that it does not take into account that most males after having kids naturally do not exercise as much as when they were single, which, on average, looks like testosterone is decreasing

Djokovic should have no problems with that as he is in his physical prime
Are you sure they dont take this into consideration?

It sounds awfully unscientific to not take into consideration other factors that affect testosterone.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
What's the record for winning Slams after you've had a child/children? Federer with 3 I believe?

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Not if ... :)

Seriously though. Nole is a stud. He has great hair, great game, and I say that as a brother would say to another, a great body :) He should be fine with even a few more kids

·
Premium Member
21,366 Posts

It sounds awfully unscientific to not take into consideration other factors that affect testosterone.
They also said the highest drop is with those males who spend the most time with their child, a tennis player is quite the opposite of that, most of the time he's not even there, or for a short time only.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

it's actually the classical way to create stats - more kids have sore throats during the summer.

But it's hotter outside, so strange..

Yeah, but they eat tons of more icecream than the winter.

JG has a point i think.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Ask Lance Armstrong.
Lance used testosterone with a combination of other drugs to help his body build more muscle than it naturally could, to go to 110% lets say. Djokovic losing levels of testosterone would only limit his ability to build MORE muscle. He won't suddenly lose his muscle mass because his testosterone levels dropped.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Novak shut the mouths of many, not just those mentioned in the OP.

·
Your visions will happen
48,648 Posts

We are talking on average correct? Professional sportsmen are hardly average :lol:

Ronaldo and Messi are both fathers but they seem to be doing ok. Agassi had his best years after he was with Steffi Graf and had some babies.

From my research, most research like this takes the average office job guy and extrapolates that data to include everyone. Every athletic book I've read doesn't buy into this garbage, and that loss of testosterone due to age is more due to inactivity than anything. If you are 30, 35, 40 years old male, if you keep up your fitness training, there is no reason for testosterone to decrease.

Of course a 35 years old man most likely has a wife/family and thus cannot train 6 hours a day like the 25 years old but if he DID train 6 hours a day, he would be right there with the 25 year old.

Really only after 35 even with physical training father time starts to knock on your door.

But that doesn't mean you have to answer ;)

What's the record for winning Slams after you've had a child/children? Federer with 3 I believe?
Open Era or before? Gonzales and Rosewall I know both won many slams after having children. Open Era probably Agassi, Connors had a kid early too, 27 I think, he won multiple after that, 82/83. Becker also I think but I'm not 100% on that. Sampras got at least 1 slam after being a father.

Yes, but he keeps his fanboys' mouths open for a quick blowjob. Like yours.
:haha:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Open Era or before? Gonzales and Rosewall I know both won many slams after having children. Open Era probably Agassi, Connors had a kid early too, 27 I think, he won multiple after that, 82/83. Becker also I think but I'm not 100% on that. Sampras got at least 1 slam after being a father.
Sampras son is born after USO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts