Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Disappointing that Novak was played by Western journalists on this Peng Shuai situation, he's usually far more cautious and diplomatic in his responses. He's very popular in China and now he's become a face, perhaps the face, of the "boycott China" movement while Peng Shuai is filmed signing tennis balls for children at a local tournament, dining with friends at a restaurant, etc. I hope that he clarifies his stance and withdraws support for the boycott ASAP before his brand becomes embroiled and tainted by the dirty politics and machinations of Western media. I'm sure that his heart was in the right place when he said what he said but this is much bigger and much more political than the whereabouts of Peng Shuai who as we now can see is not missing and was never missing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Disappointing that Novak was played by Western journalists on this Peng Shuai situation, he's usually far more cautious and diplomatic in his responses. He's very popular in China and now he's become a face, perhaps the face, of the "boycott China" movement while Peng Shuai is filmed signing tennis balls for children at a local tournament, dining with friends at a restaurant, etc. I hope that he clarifies his stance and withdraws support for the boycott ASAP before his brand becomes embroiled and tainted by the dirty politics and machinations of Western media. I'm sure that his heart was in the right place when he said what he said but this is much bigger and much more political than the whereabouts of Peng Shuai who as we now can see is not missing and was never missing.
Oh dear.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Make no mistake, Western media will run with this and they will use Djokovic's persona (and other high-profile personas) for their anti-China boycott campaign together with his statements on Peng Shuai. He should not let them get away with that. The Peng Shuai situation is just a warm-up for the boycott campaign against the upcoming Beijing Winter Olympics.

·
Your visions will happen
54,758 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Timeline of her disappearence:
November 2 - Peng Shuai accused former vice-premier Zhang Gaoli of forcing her to have sex with him and claimed that they had an affair.

- The post remained live for about 20 minutes before being removed permanently from Weibo.

- Since then none of her friends on the WTA tour have been able to contact her

- WTA, ATP sound the alarm over her disappearance.

- Nov 20 - First footage of Peng Shuai emerges from Chinese government sources. She still can't be contacted by any of her friends.

So listen up boot-licker. Peng Shuai can't use her fucking phone to tell her friends she is ok.
Djokovic is the last man to be manipulated by "western machination". Do you think he was dumb enough not to check if she can be talked to on the phone? Everyone on the tour knows she has been detained.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Make no mistake, Western media will run with this and they will use Djokovic's persona (and other high-profile personas) for their anti-China boycott campaign together with his statements on Peng Shuai. He should not let them get away with that. The Peng Shuai situation is just a warm-up for the boycott campaign against the upcoming Beijing Winter Olympics.
What the hell are you talking about?
Pictures of Peng? Who knows when those pictures were taken. There is still no video in which she would address this whole situation, where we could definitely know it's been recorded nowadays.

·
Registered
Nadal
2,444 Posts
November 2 - Peng Shuai accused former vice-premier Zhang Gaoli of forcing her to have sex with him and claimed that they had an affair.

- The post remained live for about 20 minutes before being removed permanently from Weibo.

- Nov 20 - First footage of Peng Shuai emerges from Chinese government sources. She still can't be contacted by any of her friends.

So listen up boot-licker. Peng Shuai can't use her fucking phone to tell her friends she is ok.
Djokovic is the last man to be manipulated by "western machination". Do you think he was dumb enough not to check if she can be talked to on the phone? Everyone on the tour knows she has been detained.
These are things that have not proven in court yet it's all he say this she said that thing nothing 100% yet sort of Zverev case. Anyway Western countries do the same stuff all the time have you ever heard of Victoria secret model company who has history of sex abuse which was Exposed by former model on 60 mins.

·
Registered
465 Posts
What the hell are you talking about?
Pictures of Peng? Who knows when those pictures were taken. There is still no video in which she would address this whole situation, where we could definitely know it's been recorded nowadays.
I'm not talking about those pictures, they are old news by now, I'm talking about actual live videos of her participating in a public tennis event and eating in a restaurant with her trainer and friends/colleagues.

Why does anyone think she has an obligation to address anti-Chinese paranoics in Western media by filming a live interrogation-style video where she answers questions on demand by Western media? She has a right to privacy.

And even if she did cater to Western media's obtrusive and perverse needs, these same paranoics would find hidden hand/eye signals that would prove to them that she's held hostage - just like some already have concluded that her picture with Winnie the Pooh was some kind of secret message to Western knights in shining armor to come and rescue her.

·
Registered
Nadal
2,444 Posts
I'm not talking about those pictures, they are old news by now, I'm talking about actual live videos of her participating in a public tennis event and eating in a restaurant with her trainer and friends/colleagues.

Why does anyone think she has an obligation to address anti-Chinese paranoics in Western media by filming a live interrogation-style video where she answers questions on demand by Western media? She has a right to privacy.

And even if she did cater to Western media's obtrusive and perverse needs, these same paranoics would find hidden hand/eye signals that would prove to them that she's held hostage - just like some already have concluded that her picture with Winnie the Pooh was some kind of secret message to Western knights in shining armor to come and rescue her.
Nobody been proven Guilty in court so your just jumping the Gun as we say and makes her so word higher than anybody else in China? Nothing she could be talking nonsense for all we know. Sorry but not Automatically going to believe her just because where's live video it proves nothing as these can be all set up by western media or secret elite pyramid.

·
Registered
465 Posts

Who claimed she was missing? Her parents? Her relatives? Her every-day friends in China where she physically resides? Or just her foreign non-Chinese Internet friends/acquaintances? If only her foreign Internet friends sounded the alarm then that's not her going missing, that's simply her going offline and staying low. Again, she has the right to privacy from prying eyes and public scrutiny as a Chinese as much as any Westerner.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nobody been proven Guilty in court so your just jumping the Gun as we say and makes her so word higher than anybody else in China? Nothing she could be talking nonsense for all we know. Sorry but not Automatically going to believe her just because where's live video it proves nothing as these can be all set up by western media or secret elite pyramid.
You probably misinterpreted what I wrote. I fully agree, there is no evidence of any crime here — so far at least. On the face of it, if she's not making it up, this would be similar to the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, only without the associated perversions that took place in the Oval Office. This is more a straightforward vanilla affair between a powerful man and a younger woman, again, if we are to believe her. Clinton was impeached as a result of his affair but that was because he was a sitting president and his opponents considered him unfit for the job. The impeachment against Clinton ultimately failed. This man on the other hand is retired so, even if true, he would probably not face any political consequences for his alleged affair.

·
Registered
465 Posts
By the way, this is one of the videos I was referring to. Does she look to be missing or in distress? I don't think so... Should some Western Rambo maybe go and kidnap her and fly her out of China in order to interrogate her on neutral soil? Maybe even her telling her Rambo rescuer that she is OK would still not be believed because maybe she is afraid for her parents? You see where this paranoia leads... This is not about seeking proofs that she is alright, this is about driving home a narrative about China and using her and whatever else that works to that end.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lol, all videos of Peng posted by China's state affiliate medias 😅😅😅😅🙄🙄🙄
So? You expect CNN and Fox to be on site in China? Chinese state media is far better than US non-state media in terms of credibility, they actually provide news as opposed to partisan commentary and incoherent rants...

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
As I wrote already in another thread on the same statement: there are no other individual sports (except for golf) where the number 150 in the world earns as much as in tennis. If Djokovic really believes so, he must be pretty delusional.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
So? You expect CNN and Fox to be on site in China? Chinese state media is far better than US non-state media in terms of credibility, they actually provide news as opposed to partisan commentary and incoherent rants...
You sure seem to know a lot about media in China.
Do you have any example news article from China's state affiliate media where some China's state official was accused for something by a random citizen? 🤔

1 - 20 of 118 Posts