Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
he would not be running his mouth at all if the clay warrior had just taken care of business.

Rafa choked away the bloody match.

let see what Djokovic barks about after he loses at Flushing Meadows.

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
he would not be running his mouth at all if the clay warrior had just taken care of business.

Rafa choked away the bloody match.

let see what Djokovic barks about after he loses at Flushing Meadows.
Nole won more points and was 4/19 on BPs. Nadal was 4/11. So nah, you're wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Djokovic played Nadal on indoors grass. Indoor conditions have always been disastrous for Nadal's game, but conditions where Djokovic tends to excel in. As for grass, prior to this year, Nadal had struggled on grass since 2011, while Djokovic had won 3 Wimbledons during that time, beating the grass goat along the way in two of those triumphs. He got the ideal conditions against Nadal. Yet he needed 5 sets to win. I saw the whole Nadal-Djokovic match and after the first set, Nadal was the better player for the majority of the match. The thing that got Djokovic through was his willpower, determination and serve (obviously helped by indoor conditions). If this was 2015-16 Djokovic, he would have won against Nadal in straight sets, max 4 sets. Heck he even almost lost a set to dead tired Anderson. No way in hell is Djokovic playing better than 2015-16. He is only saying that to boost his confidence. Federer has said similar things in the past that he is playing the best tennis of his career, even though everyone with a slight comprehension of tennis knows that his best came during the middle part of the noughties decade. Great players say this kind of nonsense to keep a mental edge over the rest of the field and to boost their own confidence.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is Nola smoking you have had one great match win all year in the wimby sf against Rafa and if Anderson had won that third set who knows who would have won the match.

I don't know what nola did after the french open but nola before and after the french is a different player when it comes to form.

And nola has 2 looses to players ranked outside the top 100 this year remember that.

He has one win against a top 10 player this year beside the Rafa win, but it seems like everybody can beat Dimitrov as somedays he plays like a top 10 and other days he doesn't you don't know what you get with him.

And nola best streak is a nola slam which is 3 slams in a row so prove it by winning a couple masters and the uso before you can say your'e old self again.

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Federer was absolutely playing the best tennis of his career in 2015. Federer didn’t lie. That really was peak Federer.

Federer only got broken ONCE before the final at Wimby 14 and Wimby 15, and twice before the final at USO 15. He also only lost 1 set before he met peak No1e at AO 16. If you remove No1e, Federer would’ve had his most dominant slams ever and would’ve won 3 in a row.

As for No1e, I see no lies. He is clearly better than he was for most of 2016, when he was injured. Definitely not 2015, though.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
did you forget how much the clay warrior won on clay. he took damn near everything.

that has to take a lot out of you.

there was a huge expenditure of mental and physical capital there. it is not easy to totally dominate clay the way he did. I think he was something like 26-1 on the red clay.

he was completely worn out and still managed to make the semis at Wimbledon on his worst surface.

well he will finally get some rest now and recover. you do not want to face him at the U.S. Open. he is not going to be in a forgiving mood there.

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
First of all I watched the video again. The question was asked whether he was better in 2016, not 2015. This is a misleading title. He clearly said “2 years ago”. That was in 2016. Incase you didn’t notice it, No1e lost to Querrey then and was injured for most of the year.

This is a misleading thread title. No1e is spot on that he’s better now than 2016 when he was injured.

·
Registered
956 Posts
First of all I watched the video again. The question was asked whether he was better in 2016, not 2015. This is a misleading title. He clearly said “2 years ago”. That was in 2016. Incase you didn’t notice it, No1e lost to Querrey then and was injured for most of the year.

This is a misleading thread title. No1e is spot on that he’s better now than 2016 when he was injured.
Djokovic was more confident in 2016. Prior to the Querrey loss the entire tennis world was in awe of his dominance. I don't think you can compare the two, his aura on court was completely different.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
did you forget how much the clay warrior won on clay. he took damn near everything.

that has to take a lot out of you.

there was a huge expenditure of mental and physical capital there. it is not easy to totally dominate clay the way he did. I think he was something like 26-1 on the red clay.

he was completely worn out and still managed to make the semis at Wimbledon on his worst surface.

well he will finally get some rest now and recover. you do not want to face him at the U.S. Open. he is not going to be in a forgiving mood there.
General, in my opinion, no matter what happens at the US Open (be afraid people, be very afraid), after it, I think Rafa should probably shut it down for the year, even though I know he probably won't. He should rest, recuperate, then train hard for the Australian Open. He has said he now wants to win it more than any other major. He can win it. He has a date with history there in 2019.

As for Novak, he can say what he wants about his own game.

Respectfully,
masterclass

1 - 20 of 52 Posts